Camping // Amasai

replacement for the one I deleted hjbfdskdn

- Rantaro's POV -

I kept my eyes on the road, making sure we wouldn't get lost like last time. Shuichi was next to me, scrolling on his phone and changing the music channel every now and again. His eyes darted from his phone's playlist to the car's device music option.

"You can connect your Spotify, y'know." I stated, to which he first looked a bit confused about, secondly, a bit annoyed. And finally, he got an 'I already knew that' expression.

"I knew that." He muttered, called it.

I just chuckled and shrugged it off, letting him do his shenanigans. "Make sure we don't get lost, last time we had to-" Shuichi began scolding before I cut him off. 

"I know, I know. We had to sleep in the car and get picked up by emergencies, not a big deal." Saihara's eyebrows furrowed at my words before we both burst with laughter. Deleting the tension.

- TIME SKIP -

I stopped the car. Announcing an almost inaudible "We're here." The two of us got out of our designated seats and headed to the car boot, retrieving our much-needed possessions. I loaded a group of bags onto my back, insisting that I carry most of the stuff to not bother Saihara.

Shuichi and I trotted along the dry, dirt path. It leads into a forest; I stared around in curiosity, already enjoying the greenery and the fascination of the male next to me.

We took a trip through the forest, attempting to find a lovely place to call home for the next night. I was blocked off by Shuichi's arm, pointing at an area that had absorbed sunlight through the trees. Shining down and making the area almost glow. 

I set out the decently sized tent, securing it down with rope and poles. I gazed up, spotting my blue-haired partner plucking flowers and preparing a campfire. "I didn't know you liked campfires?" I questioned.

"It gives off a more campy vibe." He smiled softly, his eyes contacting with mine for a second before he continued with his task. I hammered down the final pole and connected the string, making the tent safe and stable.

The sky began to darken; pink fading to a dark purple and the originally blue sky beginning to fade. The blinding sun turned to slight orange, setting at its own pace.

Saihara hummed, setting some things inside of the tent before immediately whipping back up. Placing a firm grip on my hand, and dragging me to where the moonlight shone. I watched him in awe, he's always been so fascinated by the moon.

He plopped himself down, comfortably laying on the lime grass with his arms rested behind his head. I accompanied him on the ground shortly after, stealing glances from him and the moon.

A leaf hovered down onto me, floating onto my nose and then sliding down my face. Earning a chuckle from the male with me. I maneuvered the leaf out of my shirt as that is where it had rested.

- Shuichi's POV -

I swear I could've almost slept right there and then, the atmosphere was so calming and I had the literal love of my life next to me. I inhaled and exhaled softly, deciding after seeing some insects that we should probably get to bed.

I helped myself up, standing over Rantaro and whispering. "Sleep?" He nodded tiredly, pretty much already worn out and exhausted. We made the short journey back to the tent and headed inside, ready to get some rest.

I was all tucked in, surrounded by the tent 'walls'. I could hear Amami's soft breathing and occasional quiet yawns. 

I shut my eyes, unconsciousness creeping up to me.

And that was until I heard an almost growl.

I shot my eyes open, already wide-eyed at such a little sound. I glanced at Rantaro, who was soundly asleep.

I decided to be that one guy in a horror movie and peep my head out of the shelter, the growling just becoming louder and louder. I was met face to face with a chihuahua.

My originally terrified face switched to an insanely confused one. Could this little dog be the source of the abnormal audio? I heard footsteps and gazed behind the small figure, seeing a grown man running towards me and the 'beast'.

"Sorry! My chihuahua ran off. Did she wake you?" He questioned, worried and panicked. I sighed relieved, "She woke me up but I'm glad it wasn't a wolf or anything." I exhaustedly chuckled.

The man giggled lightly and collected his animal, wishing me a great night's sleep and walking off to his own reserved area. I huffed and immediately threw myself back into my sleeping bag, practically hitting myself into sleep.