Chapter 23: Old Friends

Start from the beginning

"Just let me think about that..."

"GREAT!" My old bestfriend chirped up from the other end and I ended the call. I let my phone fall from my hand to my bed and looked up. It was a long night. Hawks just left after dinner, and what he told me really got me in a bad mood.

And then there was this thing that Hawks thought would be great that I should know about it. He thought that I could join, but I doubt that. He let me time to think about it, it's overall something overwhelming...

The question is do I want to?

I heard that I got a notification from my phone and groaned in annoyance. 'What the fuck do people want from me today?!'

I flipped my phone and checked from whom I got the message. It was Mina.

'Girl, are you coming to the pool with us?'

'No'

'Why not?' I could practically hear her whine. I felt myself recoil as I thought about her and all the other students.

'Please, could you respectfully go fuck yourself and leave me alone? I have things to do.'

'You'r such a party pooper.'

I left her on read and looked up to my ceiling again. 'What should I do now?'

~

My weekend was lonely and quiet. The things I love the most. Some people might just want to be let alone but don't want to feel alone, but I love both. Nobody would bother me nor could anyone break my trust or hurt me physically and mentally. It's refreshing.

I took a sip of my coffee while reading another book named 'Glass sword'. I finished its' first book yesterday, just like the book 'Corrupt'. I only left the house to buy some more books and instant ramen.

Today would be the drive to the summer camp, and I have a couple minutes to spare. So here I am, reading on my couch while drinking my morning dose of coffee.

Checking the time again, I packed my last things, some book named 'To kill a Kingdom' and the next two bands from the book that I am currently reading. Just as I wanted to exit my house, I let my things fall to the ground gently and ran to my room. "There it is..." I mumbled and went to grab my Nintendo switch which was on my counter besides my bed.

I packed it in its case and checked if there were all the games that I currently play. 'Minecraft, Animal crossing, Mario cart, Zelda and Pokémon'. Here we go...

~

The journey is chaotic. Everyone is loud so I couldn't really focus on reading, that's why I'm playing Mario cart. I'm sitting far in the back with Sero besides me. He got the message that I don't want to talk so he starts conversations with Denki and the others.

~

"Greet them, everyone." The whole class got out of the bus to take a quick break. Two of the pussycats waited for us here, and a little boy stood there besides them.

"Nice to meet you." My class said in sync, while I stood there, not saying a word. I lost focus on what they were saying when I saw a bug going up twinkle boys leg, not bothering to tell him that. First his leg twitched, he looked down at his leg and saw the bug, after that he fainted but got caught from tail boy that stood behind him.

Suddenly the kids were frantically running to the bus, and I stood there while twinkle boy was lying on the ground.

I had a confused look on my face and watched as one of the pussycats cut off the running kids from their destination.

"Sorry, ladies and gentlemen. Training camp... already started." I heard Sensei say before I got thrown away from the earth because of blondies quirk with my classmates. I was caught off guard when I was suddenly falling, but got to my senses and used my quirk to not have a meeting with the ground and my face.

The water around me got over my lower body and helped me get on the ground safely. What I can't say about my other classmates...

1265 words