Ninjago: Cloak of Conflict 9 Downpour

- If you'd like to read a more correctly formatted screenplay, you can find it under this comment -

INTRO PLAYS

LLOYD Downpour

INT. SKYLOR'S APARTMENT - SUNSET

Fade in on MAISIE in Skylor's room. She and SCARLET are listening to a conversation in the other room.

SKYLOR(OFF SCREEN)So if you're not going there to turn him in, what exactly are you doing?

KAI(OFF SCREEN)(sighs)We're not exactly sure yet, but if they are doing something good, then we'll try to help them.

SKYLOR(VOICE OVER)And if they're not?

Maisie peers her head out the door to see the conversation unfold. KAI sees her.

KAI Uh...Skylor?Maisie ducks her head back into the room.

SKYLOR turns around.

SKYLOR Oh.(yelling)You can come out guys.

Scarlet walks out of the room.

SKYLOR Kai, this is Scarlet. She and her daughter Maisie have been staying with me for a little bit.

KAI Staying with you?

SKYLOR Well, it's not like you were moving in any time soon.

SCARLET(to Kai)It's an honor to meet you, Kai. Thank you for everything you've done for our city.

KAI No problem. It's all just part of the job.

SCARLET I really mean it. Maisie and I, we lost our home during Emperor Garmadon's reign.

Kai looks shameful.

KAI And now it makes a lot more sense why you're living here. I'm sorry.

He sees Maisie peeking out.

KAI Uh- is that?

Scarlet turns around.

SCARLET Maisie!

Maisie walks out nervously holding her Kai action figure.

SKYLOR Maisie this is Kai, and Kai this is-

KAI Maisie.He kneels down to greet Maisie.

KAI(laughs)Is that...me?

MAISIE It's...an action figure of you.

KAI And a pretty cool one at that! Maisie looks nervous.

KAI Hey, what's the matter? You don't have to be afraid around me.

MAISIE Are you going after Garmadon?

KAI Uh-He looks over at Skylor and Scarlet.

KAI Yeah, but we think he's trying to do something good.

He stands up.

KAI Look, I know it sounds hard to believe. I'm still not sure I believe it either, but we have a chance to confront him, so we're gonna take it.

SKYLOR And you need me to stay behind while you go to the Dark Island.

KAI Ninjago's gonna need someone to support it while we're away.

SKYLOR Kai, I told you that if you did find Garmadon, then I'd help you bring him in. If he and the rest of the ninja aren't a threat then I'm sure you'd be fine, but if they are...then you three would be greatly outnumbered.

KAI(thinks)OK. But if things go wrong I want to make sure you have control over your powers.

SKYLOR I haven't tapped into Garmadon's powers since they poisoned me and I'm not planning on using them any time soon.