36. Hot Chocolate

Start from the beginning

With all those thoughts in his head, the omega exited the elevator walking towards the entrance in the hall of the building, wishing to share his good news with someone special and he couldn't help but to feel the longing. Taehyung even thought he was imagining scents for that longing when he caught the smell of musk wood and bergamot, so citric and sweet and masculine at the same time. But it was too real, and it had been too long since he smelt that scent, sniffing the air he froze when he looked at that entrance of the hall, all the warmness of his body leaving it cold and aching.

Jeon Jeongguk was walking inside the building with a dominant stance and an intimidating stare. And among all the people going in and going out, Jeongguk still managed to stand out. And it was obvious how people stole stares at the pure-blood alpha, and he didn't even notice. Taehyung freaked out, he completely panicked by seeing Jeongguk walking towards the elevator he just came out from, and before he could think things over properly the omega was crouched down escaping from the alpha.

Taehyung didn't care about the weird stares people around were giving him. If he needed to crawl on all fours towards the big pillar to hide from Jeongguk he was going to do it. Yeah, Taehyung may be more mature now, but his anti-conflict instinct still kicks in every time he found himself in a difficult situation.

And when he managed to hide properly, letting out heavy breaths of relief, a hand clutching his chest feeling how fast his heart was beating. It felt strange, to feel his heart beating again like this. He felt his heart fill with love beats again, trying to knit the strings between him and Jeongguk all over again. But that feeling was becoming overwhelming for Taehyung. He was having trouble breathing with every hard pound in his chest. And when the omega saw a blind spot, he took the opportunity to escape from the situation when a bunch of people exited one of the elevators once again. He sneaked among them, trying to crouch down again, hating being tall and blonde at that moment, but he knew the suppressants minimized his scent, so Jeongguk probably wouldn't be able to pick his fragrance so well.

Once Taehyung found himself outside, he was able to take steady breaths again, his heartbeat slowing down. He felt like a coward all over again but he just wasn't ready to face Jeongguk. Not yet. So he walked away from that building, thinking the alpha was probably at Min&Ko already. He walked until he felt safe again, inhaling heavily and feeling his pounding heart easing down. That was until the scent of musk wood and bergamot invaded his senses again, like striking lighting. And this time it was so close it was making him dazed.

The omega closed his eyes for a brief moment, turning around to follow the alluring aroma. That scent used to drive him crazy and make him safe at the same time. When he opened his grey eyes the sight of Jeongguk standing not so far from him felt like a knock on his stomach taking his breath away. And his heart did a funny thing inside. Taehyung was positive his heart was doing the tango while the butterflies in his stomach were dancing to the tune. A funny feeling after so long of being unemotional.

"Taehyung..." Jeongguk said with a husky tone, almost to himself. But Taehyung was able to hear him loud and clear.

Taehyung waited for Jeongguk to lunge forwards, to scream at him and get furious at him. But the alpha wasn't moving. He looked paralyzed like time had stopped working for him. The omega took a deep breath, he had to do it, he had to face him. So he walked closer to Jeongguk, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw the alpha backing off like he was scared of him.

"Jeongguk," the omega said with a soft voice, but that voice seemed to hurt Jeongguk to the core. The alpha flinched at hearing him, and that made Taehyung feel another pang in his heart. But he couldn't blame him. After all, he was heartbroken. "Hi..."

Taehyung was positive he saw one of Jeongguk's eyes twitching after hearing a 'hi' from him. But the alpha was fast to recover himself, now a deep frown displayed on his face. And after a while of tense silence, the alpha spoke. "Why are you back?"