Chapter 2 First Day of School

Theo's POV

A bright sunlight woke me up from deep slumber,i yawn while stretching my arms and get up lazily.Today is my first day at school as a Freshman in high school. I go to the bathroom and do my morning routine when I heard a knock from outside of the bathroom.

"Come in Dad!..I'm in the bathroom." I yelled while I finished brushing my teeth and fixing my hair.

I walk out of the bathroom and saw him sitting in my bed staring at our family photos taken during my 5th birthday celebration.

"Good morning Dad.." I kiss his cheek and he look at me warmly.

"Good morning Munchkin..are you excited to start your day at your new school?"

"Yap!.."

"Ok go downstairs there's a surprise waiting for you.."

My eyes widen the moment I heard the word "surprise "and instantly dash off at the living room but I see nothing then I heard some noise coming at the kitchen,i head there to check since it's too early for visitor and got surprised.

"Graannddmaa!!......"

I rush to her side when I saw her making breakfast for us,

" Morning Munchkin.." she smile warmly still holding a ladle as I rush to her side.

"Good Morning Grandma..when did you come back?"

I asks while I hug her tightly and she gently patted my back,i nozzle at her neck smelling her vanilla scent.

"I arrived early at the morning..your Dad didn't tell you that I'm coming back today?" I shook my head still hugging her and she patted my back gently.

"Ok enough,go sit at the table and bring this plate since I'm almost done here." She gently push me away and putting a few plates on my hand.

I look up and saw Dad leaning at the door with coffee on his hand smiling at us.

"Dad why you never said Grandma will be back today.." I complain to him and he chuckles at my sulking mood.

"It's a surprise Munchkin,beside your Grandma text me late last night and your already asleep.."

He answered and walk ahead of me,I studied my Dad back,he still looking good for a 35 year old.I hope whoever he date will take care of him.

I sighed thinking my mom and sadness creep in my heart but i set it aside since today is my first day at my new school.

Soon Grandma show up with our breakfast,pancakes,eggs ,bacon and toasted bread.

"Munchkin,how was your vacation?"

"It was great Grandma,Mimi and Papi send their regards to you and will coming soon to be here with us..."

"Really?..that would be nice,are they coming for vacation?.."

"Nope.., They said they're gonna stay here for good..." I continue eating then glance at my father direction.

"Dad are you going to drop me off to school or P'Sandee will drive me?"

"I will drop you off ..I don't want to missed your first day in high school."

"Ok ..Thanks Dad but please,don't call me Munchkin there at school,please...."

I gaze at him with my best puppy eyes pleading and he chuckles with my request.

"Ok I will not call you that since your a big boy now.." He teasingly told me which I huff in annoyance.