24.| sweet night

__________

• Red blood staining from being torn apart by reality, I never thought that greed would become the horn that calls upon hell

• Red blood staining from being torn apart by reality, I never thought that greed would become the horn that calls upon hell. •
                              _________

Jungkook found himself wandering around The Further, searching for any sign of the said endless road. He was thinking about Taehyung, what he probably went through during all of his encounters with Amon.

He was probably broken, knowing that all of us thought it was him, he thought. He remembered what Jimin told him, it made him smile and wonder, could he really feel all the love I have for him? But it probably wasn't enough to take away all of that torture and pain. But little did Jungkook know, his love was enough to remind Taehyung to keep fighting and get strength to yell out for help to Jin. It was enough, all along. Because that was the only thing that separated Taehyung from that monster. He was loved.

Taehyung was in pain. He was curled up in a ball, crying and calling for help, he was calling Jungkook's name.

The only one who understood him, who saw something in him when he was at his darkest, to save him from the misery his afterlife became. He hated himself for everything he had done, from failing to protect his family and getting them all killed, to listening to Amon and betraying God, killing those men.

His soul was filled with their deaths, grief and regret. His skin was bruised all the way and his back was scarred at the place his wings used to be. His hair was still dark, he hated it. His burned arms and legs felt so dirty, if he was alive he would wish for death.

Taehyung was only a boy who wanted to heal things, to forget the horror he died in, he would've done anything just to take it back, and that mindset was the beginning of his downfall.

The Demon promised to make it all right in exchange for the lives of the men who killed him, and poor Taehyung fell for his lies.

The Devil used his beauty and character to win Jungkook's heart in order to get ahold of his pure and precious soul, and the boy never got his happy ending. It was a tragedy, he died screaming yet a monster who took his place was silent.

He was used and chained in a cage, while the ugly Demon silently wore his face and pretended to be him. Until Jungkook came along, and saved him. He was his prince in shining armor, the only one who believed in him. If only people could see souls instead of looks, how different the idea of beauty would be.

But in order for Jungkook to find him, Taehyung must call back for him, so he chose to sing to him.

Taehyung let out his voice far, singing the beautiful notes of a love song that he wrote in his darkest moments. He wrote it while he was sitting in that cage and thinking of Jungkook, and the way he fought for an Angel Taehyung was before. He was just hoping he would hear him and find him. He was desprate for a hug. Nothing else, just a warm hug, someones hands wrapped around his body, spreading the warmth and a feeling of security.

"On my pillow, can't get me tired
Sharing my fragile truth, that I still hope the door is open.
Cause the window opened one time with you and me, now my forever is falling down, wondering if you'd want me now.
How could I know, one day I'd wake up feeling more, but I had already reached the shore, guess we were ships in the night, night, night.
I'm wondering, are you my best friend, feels like a river's rushing through my mind,
I wanna ask you, if this is all just in my head?
My heart is pounding tonight.
I wonder, if you are too good to be true, and would it be alright if I, pulled you closer.
How could I know, one day I'd wake up feeling more, but I had already reached the shore,
Guess we were ships in the night, night, night."

Taehyung's beautiful voice travelled far away, all the way to Jungkooks' ears. As he heard the singing he started running. It's him. He ran towards the voice that was getting louder, reassuring him that he is on the right path. Soon he reached the endless dark road and ran faster and faster until he spotted a familiar fugure, sitting on the cold concrete, singing.

Jungkook felt shivers down his spine as he saw the tortured boy, bruised and tired, his heart broke. He quickly approached him and whispered "Taehyung... I found you."

The boy stopped singing and looked up at Jungkook, his eyes filled with tears as the other hugged him tightly. It was the most beautiful and comforting hug he has ever experienced. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry for all the pain you've felt..."

Taehyung sobbed into Jungkooks neck, holding him tightly. "No, don't apologize, that is in no way your fault. That Demon got what he deserved." Jungkook said, not letting go of the boy he dreamed of all his life.

"You're the strongest person I've ever met Jungkook. Thank you. Thank you for believing in me when no one else did. I felt your love, and it's the only thing that helped me fight." Taehyung slowly wiped his tears. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this. It's horrible, I look terrible and disgusting." He whispered, looking down.

"Don't say that. You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen Tae. I knew an Angel like you couldn't be that cruel and evil." He smiled and looked into Taehyung's eyes, getting lost in them.

"Let's go, I'll take you home. The song was beautiful though." Taehyung smiled and Jungkook stood up, he helped the other stand up as well, held his hand and they slowly walked back home, side by side, together. At one point Taehyung spoke.

"Jungkook."

"Hm?"

"The song, I wrote it for you. You're my Angel."

Jungkook has never felt happier.