Strictly Business~ Exploding Toilets and Laxatives

Start from the beginning

J. Miller: I saw the note. I figure we can discuss some things before you make certain decisions.

"He wants to discuss things." I look at Weston.

He smiles. "Good. Ask him where he wants to meet."

Me: Where do you want to meet?

J. Miller: Tomorrow. 3:30. At the park.

Weston shakes his head. "Tell him we want to meet him at that Gala him and his dad were talking about."

"Are you in the mood for a party?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I just figure that'll be a prime place to knock two birds out with one stone."

I would ask for him to elaborate, but I don't, and instead text Jackson our demands.

J. Miller: My dad can't know that you're there.

Me: We'll come in disguise, then.

He takes a few moments to respond.

J. Miller: 7:30. 111 W. North St. Masquerade event.

I shut my phone. "So, that's it? We're going to the gala?" He asks

I nod. "It's a weird masquerade theme. We just have to come up with an appropriate mask to cover our faces, and not get caught by his father."

"Fair enough."

"Do you want to tell me why you're so interested in meeting Jackson at a party full of entrepreneurs?" I ask.

"Because remember, that gala is happening over Xellar Software. The company that mooched after your father's company to get where it is now. So I figure we crash the party. Let Jackson's father know just how serious we really are. Because the more we frighten the father, the more we'll get him to admit to the crime."

Weston has gotten much more intelligent, lately. Or maybe I've been too busy hating him to notice it.

"And what do you have in mind for crashing the party?"

He smirks. "Some very, very evil things."

He leans forward, gently holding onto my shoulder, and kissing my lips. He puts one hand on my back, and begins lowering me slowly, like a tango dancer dipping his partner towards the ground. And then I realize what he's doing, but much too late, because my back gets the cold chill of the hardwood floor. He breaks apart from my mouth, and grins, grabbing the blanket from the floor, and throws a sheet over towards me.

"Goodnight, Addelyn." I can hear the grin in his voice.

I take the sheet, considering suffocating him with it, until he gives me the bed, but I don't. Instead, I plan to use this is a good argument later, if I decide to reject his love. And then I remember we never finished that conversation.

"Um... about what we were saying earlier-" I start.

"I'm giving you time to think. We'll talk about it tomorrow." And that's the last thing I hear before I fall asleep.

When I wake up the next morning, I wrap the blankets around my body, instinctively snuggling my nose into them, taking in the scent. They smell like Weston's floor, which is oddly relaxing. I dig my heels into the mattress, stretching.

Wait. I'm on top of a mattress?

I sit up, realizing that I'm on the bed. I don't remember being there. I scooch to end of the bed, and look over, seeing Weston peacefully asleep on the hardwood. I mentally grimace. He makes it very hard to say no. Even at this range, I have the overwhelming desire to touch his hair, gently waking him up. But I fight the desire, and instead, grab one of the ripped pillows from the floor, and throw it in his face, causing more feathers to fill the air.