chapter 4 ~ fucking canada

Start from the beginning

I said goodbye to my siblings, silently praying they would help, before Steve set out on the road.

"Wanna watch Saw?" V smiled as I took the seat next to her and Kev. If I had to be stuck in this driving toaster, I could at least have some fun while it lasted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were 3 movies and 6 hours into our drive and I was already to shoot myself. Steve and his hippie were asleep and with Kev driving, that just left V and I.

'"So, you ever gonna tell me about that trip to Montreal?" She whispered, handing me the bag of popcorn. I raised my eyebrow not really sure what she was hinting at."Oh come on Cass, I know you didn't just go there with friends...who was it with? A boy?" She pressed as I let out a laugh.

Honestly saying I went with a boy was probably an easier answer than the truth.

"No, I went with Mandy....Milkovich, and a few of her friends" I sighed as she gave me that look. "She's actually pretty cool" I went on trying to win her over.

"The Milkovich's are like walking drug mules, Cassie!" She whispered yelled. I popped a few kernels in my mouth to avoid looking at her. I mean she wasn't technically wrong, but Mandy didn't do the amount her brothers and dad did.

I mean i'm assuming her dad from what she had told me. I've never actually met the guy since he had been locked up in county the last few months.

"Next stop! Canada!!" Kev hollered as I pretended to be happy. Now all we had to do was get Frank.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was dark by the time we hit the rode again and all I wanted to do was sleep. With Frank locked in that weird cupboard, if we were caught we would all be sent to jail. And someone like me would not do good behind bars.

I pushed the bags of chips off the couch before setting myself up there for the night. If I was to be stuck in this car a few more hours the least I could do was get some sleep....

I opened my eyes as the morning light shown through the RV windows. The sound of cheering caused me to peek behind the curtain to see all of our neighbors standing on the sidewalk, waving Canadian flags.

"Fucking Canada" I muttered, stepping off the metal hot box. I walked up our porch steps, throwing my arms tiredly around my twin brother.

"Was it that bad?" He joked. I deadpanned him in the eyes because there was not enough emotion to explain how bad that trip was.

I watched Debbie try to welcome home Frank, who just brushed her off as he walked into our house. No matter how hard she tried, she needed to learn he was never going to give two craps. He never did before and he never would now.

"The bruise is looking better" Fiona smiled, pulling me into a hug. I returned the action before watching her angrily follow after Frank.

"I'm in need of a shower" I muttered, walking into the house. I heard Ian call back that there wasn't any hot water, but I figured that anyways. I walked by Carl who was hammering something into the wall but I had no energy to scowl him.

I grabbed a pair of sweats from my drawer before making my way into the bathroom.

"Door!!!" I screamed as I stepped out from under the water. I quickly threw on my clothes, racing down to answer the impatience of whoever was ringing the bell.

"Fiona?" Steve asked as I shut the door on his face. I just spent fourteen hours with him so he was the last person I wanted to see.

"Who was that?" Lip asked before opening the door and following my same action. He took the spot next to me on the couch before Steve ever so rudely just walked into our house.

Sheesh, talk about manors...

"Is she not here? Or does she not want to see me?" He asked as Lip and I gave him that "both" look. "Well did she say anything?" He went on.

I walked into the kitchen, tossing my wet towel onto the pile. If we were really going to have this conversation, I needed something to get through it.

"You fucked up beyond the capacity of the human mind to process" I smiled, handing Lip a beer. Again I wasn't much of a drinker, but in certain circumstances...

"A pretty colossal fuck up" Lip laughed clinking our drinks together. I took a sip from the bottle, trying to hide my face of disgust. Literally any alcohol was better than whatever beer I was drinking. "You'll figure something out, right?" He asked sarcastically.

"Any advice? To get her back? " Steve asked, stopping us from walking up the stairs. Lip and I shared a look, each thinking the same thing.

"No....Not a chance"

A/N Hi babes! Sorry this chapters kinda short but it's sort of a filler before the good stuff with the Milkovich's come into play!