Beach city

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple, not in the mood to properly eat.

"Morning, (Y/n)!" Steven exclaimed, taking a sip of his drink.

"Morning" I mumbled.

"Something on your mind?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

I took a deep breath.

Do it for him.

"Do you know a Zach?" I asked him.

He paused for a split second before responding with:
"I knew a Zach Callison, we met on the beach a few years ago and became good friends. A few years later I'd found he got a job as a voice actor and had moved to empire city with his girlfriend, Juanita. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to bid him farewell."

Oh, he was really good. It was so hard to tell when he is lying or not because he's telling me the truth but he knows that's not the Zach I meant.

I'm not letting him off that easy.

"Not him, Zach Diamond. Do you know him?" I pushed.

He paused and muttered to himself, swearing under his breath before leaning on the table.

"Yeah I know him, why?" He responded with.

"I know what you've done to him, you wont get away with it" I threatened.

I thought my threat had worked because he choked on his drink, but he was laughing at me.
"Woah there, hold on a sec: was that a threat?" Steven asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Glad you know. I hope you know I'm not joking either" I responded with, glaring at him.

"What will you do? Tell your diamond? If so I already know!" He teased, laughing.

"If I was to 'tell my diamond' I'd tell Zach, wouldn't I?" I retorted, smirking.

He pulled a face and rolled his eyes, walking out of the room before I could say anything else.
I facepalmed myself as I realised what had just happened:

He got away with it.

I looked over to the drink he left on the table.Wait, wine? He didn't seem like the type to drink. I almost left when I noticed a small note under the glass.

Meet me outside the greenhouse behind the palace at 3.
~Steven

What did he want from me? It was close to three so I decided to change before I met up with Steven. I put on a white turtleneck with a denim pinafore dress on top and paired them with brown ankle boots and gold hoop earrings. I decided to put my hair up in a bun, leaving two thin strands loose; allowing them to fall freely on each side of my face.

I saw him standing there, hands in his pockets, staring up at the sky. He had on a light pink shirt with a pair of dark blue jeans and had gold studs on. He looked down from the sky and locked my eyes, his eyes shining a hot pink and his pupils diamonds.

Not steven; Zach.

"Wow, you look... nice! Really nice!" He stuttered.

"Same for you!" I replied.
He looked away blushing profusely.