Control

(I changed the book to Zach x reader)

TRIGGER WARNING: Violence, abuse

Zach's POV

After years of hiding, I'm finally the one ruling our fusion. If he wants to be a fusion so be it, but from now on I'm not letting him take any credit for having my gem.

(Y/n) smiled at me and asked:

"So, how is he still alive? I heard what you did to him"

I chuckled to myself.
"Well, like when Steven shot you with the gun, The knife was fake - It can only inflict as much pain as you fear it will, " I told her.

"But when you shot me I didn't feel anything" She responded, raising her eyebrow.

"Are you afraid of death?" I questioned

"N- Oh, that's why I didn't feel anything" She realised, giggling.

I smiled at her before I turned and headed to my room.

Steven's POV

I slammed the door to my room and sat at my desk.

"Why and the how the hell does she know you!" I muttered, pinching the bridge of my nose.

Why do you care?

"Just answer the question!" I told him angrily.

He was silent.

"You met in LUCID, didn't you? That's why she asked me what I dreamed about! YOU IDIOT NOW-" I raged.

Now what? Oh, now she knows your a lying, possessive piece of crap! You took everything from me! My gem, my name, my freedom!

I felt him pushing away from me.
"Zach, stop!" I yelled.

You

"Please" I begged, I felt faint.

Have

"Don't do it"

Lost

"Zach, no!"

All
...

"Control."

Zach stood in front of me, grinning.
"Long time, no see!" he joked.

I was fuming. Without thinking I grabbed the dagger from the table and threw it at him, hitting him right where I wanted: the gem. He fell against the wall and yelled in pain, his gem cracked.
I picked up the dagger, ready to get this over with when he yelled at me:

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

His yell cracked the mirror and I fell over, wincing as I smacked my head on the wall. I stood back up and glared at Zach. He was in the corner of the room, his head on his knees, hands on his gem whilst breathing shakily.

I walked over to him and pushed his head against the wall, forcing him to look at me. His pupils had shrunk and tears were streamed down his face.

"Zach! I'm so sorry I-" I started.

"YOU LIED TO ME! YOU TOLD ME YOU NEEDED ME AND AS SOON AS WE UNFUSED Y-YOU TRY TO SHATTER ME!" His voice was hoarse and shaky, I've seen him like this before but not this bad.

"I'm sorry okay! Look, let's fuse so I can heal your gem and if you dont want to you dont have to!"

I help him up off of the floor and he disappeared from infront of me. We had fused. I went to heal my gem but it felt whole; I ran over to the floor-length mirror in the far corner of my room and checked my gem.

It was healed!

I realised what had happened and took a deep, shaky breath.
Zach was crying, his tears heal things; I had been tricked but why? I looked at the mirror and instead of my own reflection looking back at me; It was Zach.

He lifted his arm and I did the same.
"How are you do-" I was cut off by my own hand clutching at my throat. I tried my hardest to let go but my hand didn't move. That's what he meant. Unfortunately for me, his plan worked brilliantly.

I had lost all control, he controlled our fusion now.

I looked back at the mirror to see Zach grinning as he clenched tighter at my neck before I blacked out.

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked over to Steven's room and knocked on his door.
"Come in" he called

"I just wanted to clarify-STEVEN!" I gasped. His walls and mirror were broken and a dagger was on the floor. He lay there unconscious on the ground, breathing slowly.

"B-But...how did he let me in?" I whispered to myself

He didn't, I did.

"Zach! Why is steven unconscious?" I asked.

Eh, I strangled him.

"You what! Why?" I asked, concerned.

I'll tell you tonight; just get out of here, Steven will be fine.

And then he was gone. I stood there for a while before I turned and walked out. I entered my room and flopped onto my warm bed and realised not once did I question how Zach was even able to speak to me telepathically, I guess I'm used to gem stuff now. A changed into soft pyjamas and crept into bed, yawning.

I lay there staring at the ceiling until finally, I fell asleep.