1

hey!! tysm for taking the time out of your day to read this book, it means a lot to me:))
just a warning, i wrote this before james charles got cancelled ( we don't rate him ) but i honestly cba to change the comments n stuff in the instagram parts of this story so just pretend it's a different james charles that isn't a pervert pls
also!! if some things aren't actually like correct how they are in real life, don't complain please it's a fictional story n it's really not that deep
this is obviously a fanfiction about dream but anything written is fiction, ie. his family's names etc, please respect his and all other cc's privacy!! if anyone mentioned in this wants me to take it down i will immediately cos i wrote this cos i was bored in lockdown, it's not really that serious lol
anyway,, hope you're having a great day and enjoy this book:)

england was colder than clay had expected it to be. the sky seemed to be cloudy and rainy most of the time, he'd only been in the country a few hours but it didn't seem to stop raining. he had thought it was just a jokey thing british people claimed, the florida boy rarely saw rain back home but going to visit his friend proved that england really was a shitty, cold and dismal place.

it was coming up to christmas, and he and nick had decided to surprise their best friend george, so that the dream team could finally be reunited. their plane had landed a few hours ago, and they had been settling in at the air bnb they were staying at before they realised they should probably get some food in the house before going to see their friend. too tired to leave, nick sent a reluctant clay out to the shop.

admittedly the wasn't a great language barrier between brighton and florida, but the entire atmosphere was different which confused the boy slightly. he found it refreshing that most people were cheery and helpful, he definitely needed the help whilst trying to find the necessary items in the supermarket.

he found a shop called tesco, which he assumed was a supermarket by the looks of it, and he spent almost an hour getting lost finding everything in the shop only to get lost again on the streets of brighton when he left. he could've easily found his way back if he googled it or called an uber, but he weirdly enjoyed the change of scenery, even if he had no clue where he was.

it was midday on a saturday, so brighton was pretty busy despite the weather. the beach was almost empty except from the occasional dog walkers, most people too afraid of the cold to even dare go to the beach which was understandable. clay was cold just walking around, the wind was freezing, despite his hoodie and coat he wore, his hands started to go red from the cold.

he had almost let out a sigh of relief when he saw a familiar coffee shop logo glowing down the street. like a moth drawn to a light, he headed towards the shop, weirdly he felt like he had to go there. he didn't believe in fate, and he didn't know it at the time, but something was drawing him there, and that something was his angel.

-----

a blaring phone woke the girl from her deep sleep. she groaned, and buried her face further into the pillow in an attempt to escape the persistent sound but to no avail, as the annoying noise continued.

she sat up in bed, seeing the three missed phone calls from her childhood best friend wilbur. she sighed, still half asleep, zoning out for a few minutes, before snapping back into reality when the phone began shouting at her again.

"come upstairs." the boy demanded, he lived in the flat above her, and they were practically joined at the hip as they had been since they were just a few months old.