Chapter 21: In Relief

Start from the beginning

"Calm down! You're scaring me mad woman!" Shannon said.

"How?!" I growled and stand up.

"Sit down! And don't stare to me like that; I'm not ready to die and DONT YOU PUT YOUR ANGER OVER ME, please..." She said yelling but become calm at the end. "...Now, relax. It's just you're tense again."

I sit again and started to think all of it especially the date thing.

"Okay, I told Damian to date you by the way and I'm glad 'cause he did." Shannon blurted out.

My mouth open in a sec and I'm slightly want to throttle her to death as I eyed her angrily.

"Don't give me that stare. I did that for you so calm down." She added.

"And why? How dare you to do that? Did I ask you to do that, Shan?" I yelled. 

"My friend, you don't have a date. You'll be a loner and luckily in some destined situation we saw him... Actually I saw him. Be thankful coz I spotted him." She explained.

I let out a fake laugh. "You're such a bitch! I'm not thankful!! You were thankful by that!" I yell to her as she taken aback by it.

"Oh, but you said yes. There's no going back!" She mocks, singing the last part the tune of my song dark horse.

I rolled my eyes again. "I'll call him."

She hysterically laughs at me. "You don't have his number!!"

Urgh! What the... I'm really so stupid.

"Ugghhh... Shannon!!"

"Okay, okay... Relax. I gave him your number and he will text you later. Bet on it." She said and stands up. "I'm going to the kitchen.."

I nod my head for a yes as I'm tapping my phone for someone's text. Of course from Damian.

But if I take back what I've said I will look like that I don't have a word. That's a bad thing again. Okay, for now I'll try to be open to him though he has something in me that I can't even tell him for such a long time.

"Oi!!" Shannon interrupted me again as she sat beside me. "..why don't you try to call your child first?" She suggested picking up popcorn and put in in her mouth. 

Yeah, right. I rolled my eyes and started to phone Emmanuelle.

Her phone is not ringing. Gosh, this child, adding nothing tension in my head. Why would she turn it off? I told her not to turn her phone off.

I cursed between teeth with my clench fist. "Why did she turn her phone again?!" I angerily said.

Shannon chuckled but still her eyes are focusing at the television. "Oh, mad woman, understand your child. She needs to study." She said again.

I sighed in frustration as I thrown my phone on the table in front of us. I'll pick it if there's someone who will text or call me. I joined Shannon watching TV while my mind is on the state of uneasy and still on Emman's turning her phone off.

I can't stand it. "I'll call Gabby." I muttered.

Shannon shuffled away her sight from me and just ignored what I've said earlier.

I stand up and picked my phone on the table and find a place in my house to calm myself for a while. I sat on the stool near the window of my house where it was open and the cool breeze of air hitting my bare skin. Dialling Gabby's phone number as I'm making myself comfortable on my seat.

The other line ringed twice as Gabby picks it up. "Hello, Kate!" She said as she was laughing.

"Hey, Gab! What's happening?" I asked with confusion that why she's laughing so hard and it's like she's really having a great time. "You’re not home yet?" I added as I thought in mind that's she's not in their house. The possibility to talk to Emman fades out.