19: Sleepless ༄

Start from the beginning

A bit scared, Eden tried again, easing her way back into the bed and hoping the movement would catch his attention. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

Rather than answering her, his eyes welled with tears and his shaky fingers turned into fists, scratching and hitting his clan symbol on his neck.

All at once, the memories of her first talk with Jin flooded her mind.

"Yoongi used to have these horrible nightmares—night terrors, really. But it's been a while since he's had one."

Oh. Shit.

Yoongi's silent tears turned into sobs as he pulled his knees up to his chest. He buried his head between them, his entire body shaking with sobs as he continued clawing at his throat.

Eden had no clue what to do.

It was obvious he was still asleep, even if his eyes were open, and he wouldn't be able to hear her if she said anything to him. She thought about reaching over to touch him, but that could wake him up, and she didn't know if you were supposed to wake up someone having a night terror or not. Panic rose in her chest as she realized she wouldn't be able to handle this— not on her own at least. She needed someone.

She needed Jin.

The problem with that was, she had no idea which room he went into, and she didn't want to cause unnecessary panic by waking everyone up looking for him. But Jin was the only one who knew what to do, and she didn't want to imagine what would happen if she just let Yoongi cry.

Said blonde's cries were growing louder with every passing second. He managed to curl himself up into a ball in the farthest corner of the bed, way out of Eden's reach. Incoherent words poured from his lips, and the few words Eden could understand didn't make sense. They were fragments pieced together with pain. The poor boy sounded like a distraught child rather than a 23 year old.

"Yoon," she muttered, the now familiar nickname rolling from her lips and dissipating into the air. "What do I do?"

Just as tears began to prick her own bottom lashes, an authoritative but soft knock vibrated the wooden door.

"Eden? Are you awake? It's Jin."

Thank fuck.

She slipped out of the bed quickly and padded over to the door, yanking it open to see Jin and Hoseok standing outside the door with concern written all on their faces. If it wasn't for their messy hair and wrinkled clothes, she would never have guessed they had just woken up from their sleep.

Hoseok's eyes bored holes into her own. "Are you alright?"

"It's Yoongi," she breathed. "I-I think he's having a nightmare. He was really sweaty and then he woke up and started scratching himself— I don't know what's wrong. He won't answer me."

Jin nodded, his eyes trained on the crying man behind her head. His hair was pushed up and away from his face, making him look more serious than usual. "It's alright," he said absentmindedly. "Go with Hobi, I'll take it from here."

The brunette reached out his hand for Eden to grab, pulling her gently out of the room when she did. "Come," he whispered gently. "You can sleep in our room tonight."

She glanced behind her. "Will he...?"

Jin patted her on the back softly. "He'll be alright," he mumbled. "I've got him."

With that, he waved the two outside the door and closed it, cutting off the sound of Yoongi's cries to the outside.

In the dimness of the hallway, Hoseok and Eden stood in complete silence, staring at the dark wood of the door. Through the wood, she could vaguely make out Jin's voice shushing Yoongi, trying to get him to calm down. A small light appeared by her feet, and she assumed Jin turned on the light to help him wake up.