"Dad, I'm home!" She called, walking in to see her dad on the couch just as she suspected. Skye was surprised that he had the day off today as he usually worked on Thursdays, so he had a bit of a hunch when it came to that.

"There you are!" Scott stood. "I need you to run errands with me."

"Seriously? Today?" Skye whined. If her own father didn't remember her birthday, then she felt like she might as well get hit by a car for real.

"Yeah, why?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nothing, it's not important." She sighed. "Where do you have to go?"

"Lowe's."

"Lowe's?"

"I wanna get a new toilet," Scott said.

"Oh my god, this can't be real," Skye muttered under her breath, practically screaming in her brain. This had to be a joke. There was no way today's events were actually real. Skye even pinched herself and prayed it was a dream, but this was in fact reality, and reality right now felt like pure satire.

"Huh?" Her dad questioned, pretending to be confused.

"Nothing, let's just go." She rolled her eyes and let out a groan, hearing Scott yell in excitement.

"Yes!"

While Skye goes to the front of the house to grab her shoes and put them pack on, Scott pulled out his phone to text a certain someone, using a code word that indicated he was getting Skye out of the house. She was completely oblivious to this, only focused on getting this insane errand over with.

"Can we get coffee on the way?" Skye asked her dad while he pulled his keys out of his pocket.

"Dunkin' or Starbucks?" Scott asked.

"Whatever's closest." She shrugged.

"Dunkin' it is." He said, which Skye was happy to hear. At least one part of her birthday including something good. Coffee always solved everything, let's be real.

"Thank god," Skye whispered. To be honest, she preferred Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks, but she wouldn't mind indulging in a cake pop when given the chance.

As the father-daughter pair exited the house and headed towards the car, Scott discussed his potential coffee order, making a joke about Skye's ride or die order that she refused to stray away from. "I might get one of those hinky dinky iced coffee's you always get."

"It's not hinky dinky, they're delicious." She protested. See? Ride or die.

"You better prove me wrong then, pumpkin." Scott chuckled, then had an idea pop in his head. "Ooo, do they have pumpkin?"

"Pumpkin is seasonal," Skye replied as they got into the car and buckled their seatbelts.

"Dammit." Her dad cursed.

When Skye and Scott arrived at the nearest Lowe's, Skye followed her dad through the aisles, watching as he got carried away by things that were in fact not toilets. To be fair, they did have one of those fancy walk-in bathtubs that caught Scott's eye, but he wasn't doing a very good job at distracting his daughter.