Chapter 9: Miss Staff Member

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): "Marina-san?"

Marina: "Oh," she responds, looking at my confused expression, "I just got these yesterday." She grins.

We both go through the door outside to let people pass through. I glance at the time just as I leave.

(Y/N): "What are you doing here?"

Marina: "I heard that there was a new cafe in town, so I wanted to try it."

A new cafe? Maybe that's why it was so crowded in there.

Marina: "So, how are the breakfast sandwiches?"

(Y/N): "Huh? How did you-"

She lets out a chuckle.

Marina: "You didn't see me? I was literally sitting at a table in front of you."

(Y/N): "Really?"

Marina: "Yeah!", she teases.

I take a deep sigh as Marina laughs again. She abruptly stops walking, stopping at one of the cars in the parking lot. She takes her phone and reads something on it.

Marina: "Well, should we be going to CiRCLE then? It's nearly 10:30."

(Y/N): "Yeah, sure." I reach into my pockets to grab my bus pass.

*Click!*

The car in front of us suddenly unlocks, surprising me a bit. I quickly look back to Marina, who is holding car keys in her hand.

Marina: "Scared you, didn't I?", she says, grinning.

I just stare at her, half still surprised half annoyed. 

Marina: "Pfft! You should see the look on your face. C'mon, let's go.", she walks towards the car.

I follow, going to the right-back seat. I knock all the snow off my shoes and step into the car. It's a small car, most likely only for one person. Marina steps into the driver's seat, taking off her bag and putting it on the seat beside her. 

*Vroom!* 

Location: Car

We take off. Marina starts the radio, letting a station play. "Girl's Radio Central". It starts playing songs from various girl's bands all across the country, from rock bands to idol bands and everything in between. It even plays some songs of bands from CiRCLE, like the dreamy 'Shuwarin☆Drea~min' to the energetic and elegant 'Goka! Gokai!? Phantom Thief!' while Marina sang the lyrics. Surprisingly, Marina has a very good singing voice. 

"...and that was 'BLACK SHOUT' by the amazing Roselia! Chills, man. Chills." 

"..But! Before we play the next song, let me just talk about this song for a moment. Y'know, online, have you guys seen that one cover of 'BLACK SHOUT'? The one by the channel 'NOIRE channel'?"

I sit up, surprised at the mention of our band's name. I blink, paying more attention to the radio show.

"No, I haven't."

"Really? Didn't you see Roselia's post about it?"

"A post?! They almost never do that!"

Roselia @ roselia_OFFICAL
Another in bloom. (Cover by NOIRE)
(link to one of NOIRE's covers of a Roselia song)

I do remember that post they made. That post alone nearly doubled our views on the channel, not just on that one video.

"It's surprising, I know. They almost never promote a cover of one of their songs."