Instead, they showed it off in a way as if to tell me that they had won.

I have yet to read the letter, which is probably stupid on my part but I haven't had a second to do so. Instead, I asked Luke to hold onto it and keep it in a good spot in his cabin and out of reach of others. He quickly promised to do so and I'm hoping to read it tonight in order to finally see what Declan has to say as I've been desperate to hear from him.

"Yup, we have no idea how they got it though," I say, my attention drifting off as this thought is still taunting to me. The thought that there is a traitor here is absolutely terrifying as I know this isn't good news for me. "Someone here is playing both sides."

Michael's expression drops and I see the way this seems to scare him. This is a threat to absolutely any person here as the traitor is going to know all the ins and outs of our army and has the advantage of using it against us once we're out there.

"Holy shit," Michael says. "And Lieutenant and Major Hood have no idea who it is?"

"Not in the slightest," I say, my jaw clenching as I pick up the fork on my tray and begin to push everything in front of me around.

I need to take my frustration out somehow and unfortunately for my food, it's the easiest thing for me right now. Even just pushing it side to side provides me the slightest bit of comfort as it gives me something to occupy myself.

"Holy fuck, what are they going to do?"

"No idea," I say considering I don't even think they know. I think there's a lot of planning that needs to take place that goes beyond just training me until I can't move anymore. Obviously, I need to be trained relentlessly but I also want them to focus on the task at hand and that's finding who the traitor is.

"That's terrifying," Michael says, his tone dropping as he looks around him. "Especially considering no guy here seems like less of an asshole than the next."

I nod my head, knowing this to be true due to the way they've all spoken to me. Not a single person here has stuck out as a little bit better than everyone else, besides Michael, of course. At this point, it truly can be anyone.

"They're going to have to think beyond torture because that clearly didn't work," Michael says.

"Yeah, or else they could lose control of this place completely," I say.

The second people start seeing that Luke and Major Hood are incapable of finding out who the monsters are, that's when they'll start testing limits. I'm fearful that they'll test limits with me and try to purposefully irritate Luke and Major Hood.

Especially if no one minds the consequences.

"That's a terrifying thought."

I give him a look as if saying 'you think?'. It's mostly terrifying to myself because I know I'm going to be the one suffering as a result of it. Luckily, I am now in Luke's cabin so their access to torment me in any way is limited. Additionally, Luke's practically always around me and he wouldn't let them get away with any verbal abuse or anything along the lines for a second.

"What if we-"

Michael is cut off by the sound of the door opening, the sound being louder than anyone else as we both look over. My attention is quickly taken over by the sight of Luke and Major Hood, who walk side by side, seeming unbothered as neither one of them say a word.

People in the room quiet down softly as they take notice of who walked in, clearly afraid of talking too loud. My heart begins racing at the sight of the person I had spent the day with while training; who constantly made butterflies swarm in my stomach. Especially when he would sneak kisses in when no one was looking.