Chapter 15

~third person POV~
~still summer break~

"Please make sure to get the measurements done by the end of the week, oh and we will have a new member joining us today" Coach reminded [y/n].

Since the tournament was coming up Coach wanted me to measure the boys so they could have new uniforms.

Turns out we're getting a new player, I wonder what he'll be like?

~later that day~

[y/n] was walking into the gym with box that held the teams new knee pads. As she stepped foot into the gym she bumped into someone causing her to loose balance and fall onto her butt along with the box. She looked up at the person who caused her to fall and seen they had a mean scowl on their face.

The boy was quite short. He had blonde hair with two black streaks circling around his head. He had dark lines around his eyes that made it look like he wore eyeliner. She looked back into his eyes and his honey colored orbs that pierced hers and made her flinch just by the look in his face.

"I-I'm sorry for bu-" she started but then she was interrupted by oikawa. The setter pulled her off the ground and picked up the box that fell. "You come back and the first thing you do is disrespect you upperclassman!" He shoved the box in the boys arms. "Now help her with this"

"O-oikawa there's no need I can do it myself"she stuttered. "No need princess, he can do it"

Princess?? The blonde internally cringed

"Oikawa, do not call me that while we're in front of others... come on" she told the boy holding the box while gritting her teeth. She walked over to the bench and the boy followed.

"You can sit it there, thank you for your help" she turned around and started filling out some stuff on the clipboard. She turned around to see that the boy was still there. "Do you need something else?"

He quickly bowed at a 90° angle and apologized. "I-I'm sorry" he mumbled. The girl slightly jumped at his gesture "Um no need for that, please stand up straight" he did as told and and just eyed her.

~

"D-did you just see what I just seen?" Matsukawa asked.

"Crazy right, the only person he ever shows respect to is Iwaizumi." Hanamaki adds.

~

"Uh what's your name?" [y/n] ask him.

"Uh k-kyōtani" he answered looking down.

"No need to be nervous around me I don't bite." The female laughs slightly. "I'm l/n f/n" she said holding out her hand for him to shake.

He was going to accept but he hesitated. "Alright then, no pressure. You can go back to practice now" she said passing by him, but as she did she lightly touched his shoulder.

Doing that almost made him think twice.

D-did she just touch me? He thought.

DID SHE JUST TOUCH HIM?!? The rest of the boys thought.

~

While everyone was cleaning up, Iwaizumi and oikawa were have their own conversation.

"Why did you call l/n princess, when she was facing kyōtani?" Iwaizumi questioned. "What do you mean Iwa-Chan? I call her that all the time." Oikawa said walking off. "I know but you said it as if you were claiming her" Iwaizumi added following after her.

"Because I like her duh, and I need everyone to know that so they can't try to take her away from me"

"Then why not ask her out?" Iwaizumi suggested. "No no no I can't do that what if she'll reject me?"

Iwaizumi knowing that [y/n] has a crush oikawa, he knew that the chances were low of him rejecting him. One of them just needed the courage to make the first move.

"I have a feeling she'll say yes, you just need to stop being a baby and do it. Ask her out to somewhere and confess" Iwaizumi said.

"You really think she'll say yes?"

"Just do it" Iwaizumi said walking off. "I'll be outside waiting for you two."

Oikawa looked off at Iwaizumi then looked back at you talking to coach.

"Alright boys be prepared to stay longer after practice tomorrow, I have to take measurements for the new uniforms" [y/n] announced.

"YES MA'AM!" They all shouted.

The respect. She cringed as she thought about how much the team respects her.

~next day~

"Y'all can do what ever until I'm done with you. Oikawa your first!"

Oikawa walked up to [y/n] nervously and it kinda confused her. "Uh take your shirt off please I need accurate measurements."

"Uh yea"

"What's wrong with you today, your never this nervous around me, if anything your clingy"

"Ahh I don't know maybe I just, I don't know"

She stood up on the bench so she could get above his shoulders. She started off by measuring the width of his shoulder, then his waist, then his hips. She put her hands on his bare shoulder to turn him around to face you.

"Maybe you should face this way I can measure easier"

He jumped at her touch and started turning red. "Oikawa are you okay?"

"W-will you go o-on a d-d-date with me? Please?" He asked lowly.

It was an awkward silence. Since she was standing on the bench, she was a bit taller than him. She looked down at him with a soft look in her eyes.

Did he just ask me out?

It kinda shocked her, she didn't think oikawa actually liked her, she knew he was clingy but she thought only as a friend. He was even clingy to Iwaizumi.

"For someone who has such pride, I'd never thought I would hear the great kind stutter"

She took her hand and placed it under his chin, using her thumb to trace his jawline. "Of course I'll go out with you, we can talk about this later but I need to finish measuring the rest of the team.

You measured Matsukawa and Hanamaki before you got to Iwaizumi.

"Did you tell oikawa I like him?"

"No, idk even know if he likes you but I'm pretty sure he does. Why do you ask?"

"He asked me to go on a date with him"

"Oh well good for him"