Chapter 9

Hayes' POV:

Today is Friday and I'm super nervous about Saturday. I have a 'date' with Shayla. I don't know why but she's interesting but really plain but also really funny. I just really don't understand why I'm attracted to her. Well I guess it could be because she's not like all the girls at my school. They all dress slutty and she dresses how she wants. But whatever. I get dressed and run downstairs to see Nash and Cam on their phones. Nash being annoying had to say

"All dressed up for your girlfriend" he's talking about Shayla. Cameron says he sees her around school but she never talks. (In this story they're all 17.) She's probably socially awkward. We get in Cams car and he drove us to school. Me and them immediately separate from each other and I walk to my locker. I get my books for today and go to the auditorium for morning announcements. I saw a girl who had on leggings and a tee shirt that showed her butt. She had on red underwear that were 👌. The girl turned around and it was Shayla. I know Shayla and she either doesn't know that red underwear shows through black or she just doesn't care.
I walked over to my friends and sat down. I already knew they saw Shayla and I knew they were gonna say something so I just got ready.
They didn't say anything for a while but then the comments started rolling in.

"Bro your girl is hot"

"Did you see her"

"That weird girl has a nice body"

I didn't like the fact that the boys were talking about her so I told them to calm down. I'd talk to her after announcements.

I went to my locker for first period and Shayla walked past me. I heard her talking to that girl I never learned her name. Emma. Leah or something like that. So I rushed and walked up to her.
"Shayla can I talk to you?"

"Yeah....walk with me to my locker" her friend must have caught the hint and walked off somewhere. When we got to her locker I just started talking.
"You know you can see your underwear right?" She turned around and looked. She didn't even looked phased. She just shrugged her shoulders and said oh well.
"It's not oh well, Shayla."
She rolled her eyes which got me mad but I put that to the side. "Shayla Mitchell look at me when I'm talking to you"

"Ew you sound like my mom." She faced me and her eyes glowed like they did when I went to her house. "Hayes either way there's nothing I can do. It literally doesn't matter."

"It does to me..." I looked down at my sweatshirt and took it off. Since I'm bigger than her it should cover everything.

"Hayes what are you doing?"

"Put. It. On." I said not caring about if she wanted to or not.
She did and I felt a lot better. I just don't want any of the guys in our grade to look at her.

"Why are you mad at me?" She said with no expression on her face as usual.

"Not at you....the boys were saying things about you that I didn't like."

"Thanks you're a good friend."

Ouch that hurt. A lot... Friend, really? Out of all the things a friend.

I have 3 classes with her and then lunch too. I have gym, advanced English, and writing. I get to see her but we only really talk at lunch. Which is dumb because I love hearing her voice.

Shayla's POV:

•Lunch•

Hayes is really nice for giving me his sweatshirt but it's his basketball hoodie that has his name printed on it. People keep asking if we're a thing but sadly no. Hold up did I just say that. No no no I don't like him. That's weird like I said before.

"Hi Shayla!" I turned to see Hayes looking down at me.

"Hi hayes I'm so excited for tomorrow." I said honestly.

"Me too...umm I have a question."

"Then ask it."

"Ummmm"