Tynn bent and kissed me. He meant it to be a quick kiss, but lingered, growling in his throat like wolf shifters did, and then he nipped my lower lip. His body got hard against me.

"Tynne," I said breathlessly, "this is what you brought me out here for?"

"No, but you taste so good. Like salt." He growled again and released one of my hands so he could use it to fondle one of my breasts.

"Salt doesn't taste good," I teased. "I probably just taste like kitchen sweat."

He pulled away and rolled his eyes. "You know I don't like it when you talk like that."

Like what? A kitchen maid? Because that's what I was. I ignored it and gave him my best I'm waiting look.

He released my wrists. "So the Churn event is in a few days."

"And?"

"I want to go. For us to go," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"I want us to go. It's in this enclave this year. It won't be back for another few years." He reached for my hands and wrapped his fingers around mine.

"Have you been talking to Luci?"

"Your friend? No."

"Because she suggested I suggest it to you."

Now a frown passed over his face, but he quickly hid it. "I thought you'd be happy."

"I am happy. I'm just... shocked!" I got quiet when I was shocked. Being quiet was pretty smart, instead of making a lot of screaming or gasping noises that would draw attention. "It... it's just sudden."

"Mother and Father are getting on a wild tear again about me not having settled down with a proper lady-shifter." He said with a sly smile.

"Oh no." My insides sank. "Is it bad again?"

"Worse than ever." He stopped smiling instantly and his face hardened over. "I don't want to talk about it. So, you'll come to the temple with me tomorrow and we'll get our Trinkets?"

"Are you nervous?" I asked. Tynne normally did have such an eager, anxious tone.

He laughed, but it sounded uneasy.

"We don't have to do this," I said. "Your family's not going to forgive you for going to the Churn. They don't know you're doing it, right?"

"Let me worry about my family."

"But... what's going to make them less angry? They will never forgive us if we just go off to the Churn." I bit my lower lip. Maybe it'd be better if Tynne just dug his heels in, instead of going right to the Churn. His family would hate me either way. Going to the Churn would make them really hate me, because then they'd be stuck with me. It's not like Tynne would take any lovers that might have his bastard pups, because we'd have Trinkets. The person who had the matching Trinket was your true love. You didn't fuck around on them. Tynne didn't have any bastards, and he didn't have any skirts.

He just had me.

As long as his parents thought that Tynne might lose interest in me, they weren't going to try to kill me or my pups. They might actually come to tolerate me. But if they saw that Tynne and I were the real thing...

"Theia, nothing's going to make them less angry," he said, annoyed. "Let me worry about the consequences."

"I was thinking about our pups," I said.

He shuddered. "Let's not talk about pups."

I didn't reply. He tugged me again and drew me deeper into the brambly shadows. "Say yes, Theia. We need to do this. It's the only way. Come with me to temple tomorrow."

He turned me around so my back was against the old stones. A couple of brambles dug into my back. I flinched, but he was already kissing my neck and fondling my thigh. "Yes."

He groaned and pushed himself against me, and started to yank my shirts up towards my hips in his big hands. "Gods, I want to play with your tits, but I need your pussy. Turn around. I don't have a lot of time."

I obdiently turned around, ignoring the sharp thorns pricking my skin. He pushed my skirts over my ass with one hand, and I heard him freeing his cock with the other. His breathing was heavy. He steadied my hip with one hand, then pressed close, pushing his thick cock inside me. I gasped in pain. "Hey, slow down."

"You'll get wet once I'm inside you," he laughed by my ear, nipping me, covering me with his whole body, "you always do. I'm big."

I bit my lip as he filled me completely and he groaned into my neck, holding my hips tight with his big hands. He started to move, and he murmured, "See? You're getting wet already. Nice and slick."

He pushed harder and deeper. My body rubbed the rocks. I panted as he moved inside me. He wasn't going to last. I could already feel it on the way he held my hips pinned under him and the grunting with each thrust, and the groan in his ragged breathing.

"Fuck," he bit my earlobe.

"You know the rules," I rasped.

"Just once," he groaned, "damnit, Theia, let me finish in you once."

"That's...not...the rule." I got out around his heavy strokes. "Take it out, Tynne!"

"Don't you want to get knotted by a wolf-shifter?" He bit my neck. "Imagine my cock lodged up in you. It's amazing for both of us."

"Take it out," I said. "You can do finish inside me after the Churn."

"Theia," he groaned, burying himself again, "don't--"

"Take it out, Tynne!" my voice cracked.

He snarled and yanked away from me, and with one hand spun me around. He grabbed his dick, face dark and pissed off. He tugged his cock with a few tugs and groaned as white fluid splattered the ground and the hem of my fallen skirts.

He flicked it off his hands and tucked himself back into his leathers. "That's getting old, Theia."

"You know why I've never let you do it," I said. I didn't want a baby. He didn't want a bastard. It was that simple. I couldn't afford any of the fancy herbs to make sure I didn't have a baby, so he had to pull out. That simple.

"Two years, Theia," he said. "You know how much I hate you telling me take it out?"

"Why are you so angry? We're going to the Churn in a few days, aren't we? After that you can knot me all you want."

He smirked. "Get back to work, Theia. I'll meet you at the temple tomorrow."