~2~

Barry entered the small building, spotting Kara holding a young brunette.

"Daddy!" The child squealed, spotting Barry at the door as she jumped out of Kara's arms and into Barry's arms.

"Kara" Barry smiled, the sight of his stunning wife standing there wearing an even more stunning smile of her own.

"Hey honey, how was work?" Kara asked.

"Work? I.... it was... awesome..."

"Daddy, Mummy said that you promised to take us both to the park for icecream!"

"I did?" Barry awkwardly chuckled.

"Nope but now you are because I'm hungry and your daughter is bored." Kara smiled.

"I... I don't have a daughter...."

——

It had been around 6 months since Barry had died. 6 months since Kara had lost the love of her life. 6 months since Kara stopped believing in love. 6 long, painful months.

Kara had tried to get on with her life as best as she could however it was extremely difficult.

She'd always come home, expecting to find Barry sitting on the couch as he had a meal prepared for her. Even when Barry lived with Madison, he'd make sure that he was at Kara's before she got home from work so she could eat, of course that was when he wasn't at work.

She missed Barry's presence, his warmth, his love, all his compliments that could make her blush even the slightest. In general, she just missed him.

Lizzie seemingly managed to get on as well as she could, holding back her emotions in front of others. Behind closed doors was a completely different stories.

Even after 6 months, she missed Barry. Teasing him and he teasing her back. Him advising her like the brother she saw him as. Everything.

She'd cry herself to sleep a lot of the time. These 6 months had been painful as hell for both Kara and Lizzie and Alex was left to comfort the two, not having been as close to him as the other two were.

Her girlfriend assured her that she was alright and showed no sign that proved otherwise however if Lizzie had allowed Alex inside of her room then the tissues scattered in Lizzie's room would prove otherwise.

Of course they'd get thrown away each morning but the bin had always been filled to the top with tissues.

Madison often cried. Her daughter had wondered what had happened to her uncle who had often played with her. She missed him and had often questioned her mother until she noticed that every time she did, her mother would be left in tears. She, of course, felt guilty, having been the reason the potion existed in the first place. That's what gave her stupid ex the idea.

Kara, at first, had not bothered with keeping her apartment clean but eventually, knowing Barry wouldn't return, she made an effort to return to normal. However she'd still cry a lot of the time in private.

Lena had once brought Barry up, wondering where he had gone. Kara, having to relive the painful thoughts, had began to cry, not having explained to her best friend what happened.

Lena, of course being confused, had comforted Kara. Through her tears, Kara had blurted out that Barry died and suddenly the two were both crying, Kara more than Lena.

Lena and Barry had been extremely close friends, having even dated for a while until they realised that wasn't the path meant for them. Lena continued to comfort Kara through her tears and had often checked up on Kara, as did Alex.