Akai-tori

(Here's a picture of Kairi. Thank picrew for the chance of being able to make these beauties. You'll probably see more pictures from picrew btw.)

Kairi's POV

I walked into class and waved at my classmates. A few ran up to me asking if I was ok. I guess they couldn't keep it low that I had been kidnapped. I smiled and waved it off like it was nothing. After all I have been through worse. Ashido hugged me and I grimaced in pain.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"Nope, it's ok." I stumbled back trying to get a grip on myself. Shoto wrapped an arm around me. I decided to let it heal on its own. I wanted to show Aizawa I'm not taking any chance of hurting anyone. Shoto walked me over to his desk. He put me on his lap. "Really? I can sit in my own seat."

"I'm just being cautious."

"What? You don't trust me now? Jeez. I didn't mean it." I say after seeing the flash of hurt in his eyes. "Sorry Sho."

"It's fine." I kissed his cheek and pulled out my stuff.  I got to working on more of what I've missed. I felt the gaze of my classmates eyes on me. It was for so many reasons.

"We should get a new collar soon." I whispered.

"Why?"

"Just... I think everyone would be more comfortable with it."

"No."

"Good thing it's not your choice."

"Why do you want it so bad?"

"I don't want it. But if it puts everyone's mind at ease-"

"That's not what their worried about idiot. Your broken ribs are the issue." He jabbed a finger in said injured ribs. I doubled over in pain. I put my forehead on the table and bit my tongue.

"Jerk." I said. I sat like that for a good while.

"Did it hurt that much?"

"Almost. I just don't feel like moving." He sighed.

"Sorry."

"Now be quiet or Mr.Aizawa will murder us. More specifically me." Aizawa eventually finished his lecture.

"That's all from me for today. One more thing, Takami, you need to choose a hero name." I thought about it for a minute.

"Akai-tori." Japanese for red bird. Aizawa nodded.

"You will also be putting in recommendations for internships." I nodded and he handed me some papers. Keigo's internship was obviously on there, but so was Endeavors. But, I didn't participate in the sports festival? Why do I have any besides Keigo's? Hell, hadn't they heard about what I did? Maybe my popularity was what drew them in. But Endeavor, that wasn't settling right with me. Maybe we just started off on the wrong foot. I can use it to get closer to him. I put his name at top, Keigo's second, and Best Jeanist's at third. Well, we'll give this a shot. I handed the paper to Aizawa. "Done already?"

"May not be a good idea, but I figured if I was gonna end up being apart Shoto's life since that's his dad I wanted to show him I'm not what he thinks I am."

"That's not a good idea."
"What he thinks you are?" Aizawa and Shoto said at the same time.

"Ah, we started off on the wrong foot, and Sho. I know. He can't do anything if other people are around right?"

"Are you stupid!" I jumped. I stared forward arms to my sides, jaw clenched. "Sorry." I shook it off.

"Heh, habit." I nervously rubbed the back of my neck.