AU: What Would've Happened (If you didn't)

Start from the beginning

I've never delt with pain well.

Why can't anyone see that I'm freaking hurting!

Why couldn't she see it!?

I feel like screaming.

Why couldn't she see that I'm in a bad place to want to date anyone?

Then, then there's that boy.
The boy who keeps staring at me like he's waiting for me to unlock some sort of secret he needs to know.

Do I know him? Does he know me?

Did I know him?

What if he was my friend or something and God I couldn't remember him!

God!

Why did I have to lose my memory?

Harper.

Harper help me!

"I need help." I cried out softly.
"Mom. Mom tell me what to do! I can't- I can't-"

I was panicking.
Mom was gone. Mom wasn't here anymore.

I don't know how long I was like that, but at some point dad came for me.

He held a lemon under my nose and I snapped out of it from the tangy smell.

The boy,
the boy from my fleeting memories, where are you? What happened to you? Who are you?

Will you help me?

You did in my memories, so why not now?

~*~

"— So come over. I'm sober and alone but, I'll be lonely with you. You~, you~, you~~~~!"

"Dad, what are you doing?" "Oh, hey buddy! I'm just spending all the time I can in my sanctuary before I live tomorrow."

My dad spends an unhealthy amount of time doing any and everything in the kitchen.

"For what?"

"Business trip with my old business pal!"

The song in my opinion was not suited for his dancing. It was kinda slow and sensual, whereas dad's dancing was fast and...out there.

"H-how long will you be gone? Do I need to help you pack-" "No, no. You'll be packing as well. I'm sending to stay with his family until I get back. After all it's not like they're strangers."

"Huh?" "Nothing. Come dance with me Tob'!"
I sighed. "Okay~."

~*~

I was twitching on my way to the car that morning. I kept pressing on the power button on my phone to calm my nerves. It didn't help, but it at least kept my focus on something.

"Everything's going to be okay, Toby. I'll be back before you know it." He smiled at me through the rear-view mirror. I couldn't manage one back.

I gazed out the window at the passing scenery.
I was tired. My eyes begin to droop. At one point I even hit my head on the window.

I was almost asleep when my phone started vibrating. It was Harper.

I didn't want to talk so I just let the phone keep ringing.

Shortly after I sent her a text saying that I won't be in school that day.

After that, I powered my phone off. Now that I didn't have anything to distract me from my phobia of being in a car, I begin to feel myself start to panic. So I closed my eyes and tried not to think about that awful night.