Chapter 22: Barely Alive

It was a new day and it didn't start well... it was dark and gloomy outside, you woke up with a sore back but worst of all, you ran out of French Vanilla creamer for your morning coffee. You got dressed in a loose pink top, a while skirt that stopped at the middle of your thighs. Some cute white stockings and some black flats. After you were dressed you went to the hospital to visit Scott. Mike wanted to come with you to make sure Scott was ok as well. Mike got his keys and you guys drove to the hospital, checked in and walked into Scott's hospital room. When you walked in you saw William in a new loose purple shirt that he didn't tuck in. He sat in a chair next to Scott's bed and he rested his head on Scott's chest as William held his hand. You couldn't tell if William was crying or not since his hair was covering his face... he looked like a grieving dog after is owner died. Scott was laying on his back in the bed. He had thick bandaging on his forehead and wearing a oxygen mask on his face. His face was bruised and cut up. 

"Dear god.." Mike said.

You walked up to William and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey Will." You said in a sympathetic voice.

William grabbed your hand and held it tightly. You could hear slow beeping sounds coming from a monitor indicating Scott is barely holding on.

"It's gonna be ok." You told William and started to rub his back.

Jeremy and Fritz arrived and both tried to comfort William. 

"Hey, would you like me to buy you something from the cafeteria?" You asked William.

He slowly nodded and got up. You grabbed his arm with both of your hands and walked out of the room to the cafeteria. On your walk William was dead silent witch made you sad because you loved hearing William's charming voice. William's bangs were covering his eyes and his mouth was straight and had no emotion. He looked dead. You guys arrived at the cafeteria.

"What would you like? They have water, pop, coffee." You said.

"Scott liked coffee........" 

William said and his lips started to quiver like he was about to burst into tears.

"Ok, no coffee. What about a strawberry banana smoothie!? They have those!" You said in a cheery tone trying to cheer up William. 

He nodded his head.

"One large strawberry banana smoothie please!" You said to the person behind the counter.

"Right away ma'am." He said and went back into the kitchen to make it. 

You rubbed William's arm.

"It's not your fault." You said as you brushed William's bangs out of his eyes. 

His once beautiful silver eyes had drained into a gloomy and eerie white. The rest of his eyes were red and his cheeks were puffy from crying to hard. The sight of him wanted to make you cry but you held back your tears trying to stay strong for William and Scott.

"Yes it is." William said.

"No it isn't. You have to stop blaming yourself for everything that happens in that pizzeria." You said.

"It is all my fault.... I'm the reason Scott got hurt because those children want revenge... and Scott got in the way of them. If I wasn't so stupid... Scott would've never gotten hurt.." He said.