Their cold bodies, the color drained from their features. Bodies completely lifeless. Blood no longer pumping through their veins and hearts long done beating. Every flip of a page made it so much more real. Everything was crashing down on me and I couldn't breathe. Couldn't hold myself up. Couldn't think about anything. All I saw in front of me were their faces, drained of life. Their skin sickeningly white and pale lips that would never open again to speak words I was so desperate to hear.

They were dead at the scene. There was no saving either of them. The impact was so strong that there was no chance of survival. Yet he survived. The one who was responsible survived to live out his life, even if in prison. But they wouldn't. They wouldn't get to see anything of my life and left me in the hands of a monster to imprison me in his clutches.

And even though I felt the color drain from my face, my entire body clammy and shaking, he didn't let go. He held me up even when my legs gave up, forcing me to take in page after page, my eyes meeting photographs of them in a pool of their own blood, glass piercing through their skin.

I felt sick. Nausea accompanying the dizziness, and the dull pain in my heart. I was going to vomit, I could feel it making its way up my throat until it reached its opening and I forcefully pushed Chanyeol away, falling onto the ground and spewing my insides out. Just like them, I felt like a truck ran me over. I heaved on his crimson red rug, covering it in vomit, and I didn't care whether it would have any consequences.

My body trembled, I was freezing, and despite not eating much earlier in the day, I kept on retching until I was dry heaving, not even liquid coming out of me, just the pathetic sounds. He didn't come to check on me, to hold my hair. He just stood there over me, watching me. And after what felt like excruciating hours, but couldn't be more than a few minutes, I stopped.

I remained on all fours, mind distant and eyes misty, smelling my own spew. Yet, he didn't help me stand up. He didn't offer his hand or asked me whether I was okay. Instead, when I looked up at him, he was leaning back against the desk, arms crossed across his chest with a wicked grin on his face.

"There's vomit on your face, darling," he informed, and I wiped it away with the back of my palm before attempting to stand up. Extorting great effort not to tumble right over, I reached for Chanyeol, who quickly stepped to the side, my hand coming in contact with his desk instead. It didn't matter what it was that kept me steady so long as I didn't collapse on the floor again.

"Y-You did this?" my voice was congested when I spoke. It wasn't straight away, only after taking in deep breaths to make sure I didn't pass out and ignoring the rancid taste in my mouth despite craving a glass of water to get the taste out.

"Did what?" he chuckled, still clearly amused, not caring I just probably permanently destroyed one of his expensive rugs.

"Y-You knew,"

"Of course I did," he affirmed with a nod of his head and stepped around the desk, the leather swivel chair squeaking as he sat down, crossing his legs, "I'm not stupid. I mean, you didn't really think I didn't know who your pathetic, little, dyke girlfriend was. Did you?"

I gulped, "W-Why would you... do... this?" I shook my head violently, "Why... would you... I don't..."

"Because I love you, of course. I have to look out for you, my love. Who else will if I don't? That's what I vowed when I married you, remember?"

"All this... did you..." I couldn't even finish my sentence, my sobs choking me and preventing me from breathing, let alone speaking.

"Plan this?" he finished, "Partly, yes," he conceded.

"How?" I choked out, my words strained.

"My dear Chaeyoung," he sighed, "You need to know I really didn't want it to come to this. But you didn't give me any other choice,"