brooks made his way over to her and kneeled down so they were face to face and troy frowned.

"i didn't mean to upset you, i just don't think ya'll should give up so easily because love always wins." he told her.

"i hate the fact that you're right." troy mushed his face and he laughed before getting up.

"let's go grab something to eat and we'll come back to finish this up tomorrow." he suggested and held out his hand to help her up which she obliged and grabbed hold to it, so she could get up from the couch.

"let me grab my purse and stuff then we can go." brooks nodded and headed to lock things up while troy went to her office to retrieve her things.

she grabbed her things and accidentally flipped over a picture frame, she sat it up straight and it was a picture of her and wiz.

she quickly put it back down and leaned onto
her desk biting the inside of her cheek to hold in her emotions.

troy gathered herself before shutting the lights off and locking her office door and met up with brooks outside.

"ready?" he asked her.

she nodded, "yeah."
- - -

brooks and troy decided to eat at chili's and brooks invited his boyfriend who was gonna met the two at the restaurant.

"that is so nasty." brooks twisted his lip at troy who was eating fried pickles.

"shut up cause it's good." she resorted and ate another one.

"disgusting." brooks laughed before looking over her shoulder seeing his boyfriend, he waved him over and they shared a small kiss.

"how you doin? i'm cali," brooks's boyfriend greeted troy with a smile and held out his hand.

"good and you? i'm troy," she said and shook his hand before he sat down.

"so i heard you openin your shop in a few days, right?" cali asked troy.

she nodded, "yeah, you're welcome ta join brooks at the openin if you'd like."

"i appreciate that, i could also slide a few clients your way. the ladies i work with are always lookin for new stylists." cali said.

"i'd like that, thank you. and um stylists for what exactly? obviously ta do their hair but you know." troy trailed off and he nodded.

"i work for a modelin agency so we're always lookin for new stylists, brooks showed me your work and you got skills." cali complimented.

"you serious?" troy asked looking between the two.

"yes ma'am we are, a few of the ladies are coming to the opening just to meet you by my request of course." brooks grinned.

"i love you, thank ya'll so much." troy exclaimed lowly as she smiled big.

"it's just what friends do." brooks shrugged.

troy's smile remained the entire outing, the trio stayed out until around ten thirty before they decided to call it quits for the night and go home.