Taking Trost

Y/N Pov:

The breeze ran through my hair as I sat upon the rim of the wall, Pyxis had managed to keep most of the Garrison soldiers away from us while Armin started to plan how Eren could plug the wall. The sight of titans roaming through the streets of Trost below sent a small shiver down my spine, if citizens weren't evacuated completely... It would be another Shiganshina.

"hey."

Looking up I met eyes with Mikasa, she sighed and held her hand out, grabbing it she helped me stand up from my spot.

"hey. Have they figured something out yet?" I asked calmly.

Mikasa nodded and we headed over to where Pyxis and his elite squad were surrounding Eren and Armin, clearing my throat the group stopped talking and they looked over at me. My eyes darted to Pyxis and he stared back patiently waiting for me to speak.

"Sorry for interrupting your conversations... But what is the plan to take back Trost?"

Armin moved away from Erens's side and he now stood in front of me, he looked down into the abandoned city and pointed at a large boulder sitting in the middle of the debris.

"We are going to have the cadets who saw Eren emerge from his titan go and distract the roaming titans within this section of the district and lead them to the wall so they can be killed by cannon fire, while the titans are distracted the Garrisons elite squad, Mikasa, and you will escort Eren down to that boulder so he can move it to plug the wall."

Shifting away from the edge of the wall I looked up at Armin, "I'm not going with the elite squad... I'm going with the distraction team."

"but-"

"no Armin, Mikasa can handle Eren and the squad... I want to at least help make sure we don't lose any more comrades." I cut the boy off, he nodded understandingly and we headed back towards Pyxis and the others.

Armin informed everyone of the slight change in plans, Pyxis sighed and nodded, "all right then... Go get with your fellow cadets then l/n."

Saluting quickly I nodded and walked away from the group again, I could hear Pyxis from behind me addressing the soldiers on the ground, he seemed to be making sure that they understood Eren was no threat and that he only had the power of Titans. I chuckled a little,

'as if they would understand that,'

rolling my eyes I calmly waited for the cadets who were apart of the distraction to join me at the top of the wall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first person to land beside me was Marco, he looked over and waved a little, the next was Jean, his body language made me tilt my head a little, he was tense, scared even.

"you ready Jean? We all need to be at our A-game if we want to survive"

Jeans eyes snapped to me and I stared back "what does that mean Y/n?" he huffed.

"It means get out of your head." I snapped back, he kept his gaze at me until his shoulders seemed to relax, "you're a good soldier Jean. We are going to be okay."

The rest of our distraction team showed up and I looked around, Annie, Connie, Marco, Jean, Reiner, and Bertholdt were all standing ready to hear what the plan was.

"this everyone?... alright then. We need to lure the titans closest to that boulder away and towards the wall so they can be killed with cannon fire. Pretty simple." I informed the group, everyone seemed to understand what the plan was and I smirked.