Standstill

Your POV:

Not long after we had retrieved Eren, I helped bring his unconscious body up onto the roof of the building our peers were now standing on.  Armin and Mikasa surrounded him and I took a step back Jean had snuck up and was watching, his expression was like the rest of us, confused and scared.

"That was Eren who did all of this..." Jean muttered looking away from everyone into the field of vaporizing corpses and destroyed homes.

Joining him I took a second to look at the aftermath of everything, my hands seemed to shake and I looked down at them.  Closing my eyes I calmly took a breath in and held my hands tightly to get them to stop. 

'Why now?... stop panicking, why could I understand Eren? How is any of this possible?!'

I had to step away from the group and walk along the rooftop, my thoughts raced throughout my head and I leaned against a pillar next to me.  Annie's voice pulled me from my thinking and I quickly turned to see her standing behind me.

"Are you okay?." She asked blankly.

"...yes. I'm fine, I just needed a second to think-" I quickly stopped as I noticed a Garrison Patrol advancing towards the building we were on.

'They must have seen Eren! I have to warn Mikasa and Armin!'

I bolted past Annie and ran back to our group, I stood in front of Erens body so the garrison squad could only see my back, Mikasa looked up at me.

"A squad is headed this way, you need to get Eren out of here!" I quickly helped the three up and watched as they flew away from the building.

Soon I felt the wind of the Garrison squad overhead as the zipped by, one landed next to me and she quickly pointed her blade at me.

"Where are they going?." She questioned, fear was running in her eyes but I stayed quiet. There was no way I will help them capture my friends, I smirked and shrugged.

"Don't know."

"Bullshit" the soldier hit me across the face and I stayed put, looking back up at her I calmly grabbed her arm and gripped it hard. Her blade dropped and she yelled out, I let go and turned away from her.

"I have to take you with me now cadet." She growled, gripping her arm tightly she walked back so she was in front of me.

"Okay. But only if you can catch me." I smirked and anchored my gear into a building in the distance, I saluted mockingly before my gear sent me through the air.  Shifting me body towards the East I headed straight for the cluster of Titans, I looked back and saw the woman was trying to keep after me.  I shook my head and sighed, weaving through the Titans I managed to kill one that attempted to grab my line.  Looking back again I saw the woman get knocked out of the sky and onto a broken down roof, the titan that knocked her down slowly turned and looked down at her.

"HELP!" The soldier called out, she scooted back on the roof and she soon realized she was on the edge of it.

'I'm not inhumane.'

Without much hesitation I weaved my way back to her, my blade smoothly cut through the titans neck and I landed on the roof next to her.  She looked up scared and I rolled my eyes a little, I helped her up and we both flew through the air off the roof.

"Why?!" She called out as we glided from building to building.

"Because I'm not a monster. You are given orders and you have to follow them. And no one deserves to be killed like that." I swiftly landed on top of what seemed to be a chapel and she landed beside me.