regardless you thought of another strategy as you sat under the tree by the window to the cafeteria, completely unaware of your surroundings.

"quite the busy ant are you?"

that was until you heard a voice close behind you and you frantically threw up everything that was in your hands and yelped.

he breathed a laugh at this and you turned around to see the captain smiling warmly. Bokuto had been leaning out of the window with a sparkle in his golden eyes from amusement. so flustered from his appearance, you laughed nervously.

"Sorry Bokuto-san, you really scared me just now. I didn't see you" you said and cringed when your voice broke, hemming to get rid of the nervousness as you recollected your stuff.

"It's okay, and why are you apologizing, aren't I the one that surprised you? I wasn't here very long....though I was here long enough to glimpse your talent. Can I see?" he asked outstretching an arm over your shoulder and hesitantly you handed the journal to him by the spine, closing it around your index.

his own finger brushed against yours in the narrow space as he tried not to lose the page and your breath hitched unintentionally.

I'm so childish. this is nothing.

scolding yourself mentally, you listened in for him to say something—anything.

growing anxious you began to babble. "It's really nothing great bokuto. I'm not saying that what they're doing is wrong. I just thought maybe if they did these techniques or focused on these passes once in a while then maybe.." you trailed off when you felt his large hand on top of your head, patting your head.

"waaa" you whined in embarrassment feeling his large hand smothering your head. your heart wanted to explode.

"You really are a setter y/n. As smart as they come. This is amazing!" he awed with raised brows, and you chewed the insides of your cheek.

amazing...

"I hope you ate lunch already though and not just that bar. Lunch ends in three minut...hey!" he broke off to speak to some other students that beckoned to him as they passed by him in the cafeteria.

it was only then that you realized how he must've looked from inside, half of his body out the window with only his lower half inside, and you softly laughed.

was everyone staring at his butt?

he heard it just as he'd finished speaking with the class president in his class that reminded him about an assignment.

your soft sputters of snickers you struggled to contain.

when he affixed his gaze on you again, he realized your body shaking and a small smile fighting its way on your lips. though he didn't know why, he didn't ask but instead fought his own urge to smile as his gaze softened.

contagious.

though he wasn't in a good mood before, the dampening mood was now slightly forgotten.

"will you be there today again?" he asked leaning his face into his palm, book still hanging from his grip, and realizing his attention was back on you again, you tried your best to suppress your laugh with coughs.