"You once called nine-one-one before with the phone you used to called for help yesterday, the phone-call was recorded, and the conversation is quite—"

"I was drunk, they often kept me drunk in order to make me stay put, as I was hard to handle for them when I was sober," I told him without blinking.

"I understand, and where's the phone you used to call nine-one-one?" he asked me. "I don't know, I don't remember much, I was in a panic and scared when I escaped, maybe I dropped it somewhere," I claimed, hoping it sounded believable. Lying got so much easier after spending time with Roman.

"Okay, I don't want to pressure you more after what you went through. Would you like me to call someone, Mrs. Volkov?" he asked me. "I've already called my father. He will pick me up, but I have a question," I said, licking my dry lips.

"Of course, what is your question, Mrs. Volkov?" he asked me. "Did you arrest Antonio Alessi? I mean, he is the main culprit, he was the one who arranged everything," I muttered.

"Yes, he is in the interrogation room now. But I have bad news for you, Mrs. Volkov. We have nothing in hand to charge against him. There is no evidence that he was involved in your kidnapping," he told me, making me huff.

I expected that they would discharge him. I knew Alessi was a careful man, he never left a trace behind him, but I would go down swinging, because I wanted him to suffer for messing with me. "I see, and what about the two men who kidnapped me for him?"

"We still haven't been able to interrogate them. They fought deadly against each other. My colleagues called an ambulance when they found them and they were taken to the hospital," he told me, and I felt a pang in my heart. Roman, was he okay?

"Are they all right? When can they be interrogated? How long do they have to stay in the hospital before going to jail for kidnapping me?" I asked, trying not to show my worry about the man who had risked his life for me.

"Well, according to the hospital report," he muttered, taking a file before opening it and looking inside,"they both have broken ribs and internal bleedings too. One of them broke his arm and the other his leg. No wonder you managed to escape, they really fought deadly, whatever the reason for their fight was, it was good enough to distract them for you to escape. It will surely take them almost three weeks to recover from all of these injuries. And—"

He was interrupted when the door opened and my father walked in. "Rita," he sighed and approached me for a hug.

Then, he pulled back and looked at agape, as if it was hard for him to believe that I was standing in front of him. "Thank God you are alive." Thank God for what exactly? That his daughter was alive? Or that his biggest income stream was alive?

"You must be Mr. Barrera, I'm officer Michaelson. I am glad you could arrive safely from Mexico," he said, holding his hand out for my father to shake. "I am, and I am also glad I could arrive so quickly," he remarked, shaking his hand.

"I just told Rita that her kidnappers could go to court in three weeks because of their injuries," he told my father.

"Okay, we can wait, but sooner or later they'll pay for what they did to my daughter under the Mexican law!" my father hissed angrily.

"Mexican law? You want to take them to court in Mexico?" the officer asked with a frown. "Yes, is there a problem?" my father asked back and the officer shook his head.

"No, not at all," he said, but even I could see the problem. Chicago worked for Alessi, but Mexico worked for my father. If he took them to court in Mexico, Alessi would clearly lose the case.

"If that's all, I'd like to take my daughter and fly back to Mexico, officer. She looks exhausted and must be homesick after everything that had happened to her," he muttered, his gaze was fixed on me.

"I am, I miss my home," I lied smoothly. The time I'd be reunited with Roman again, I'd give him a big kiss for making me a perfect liar.

"Of course, I only have few questions about your business Mr. Barrera after Mrs. Volkov claimed she was kidnapped because of your business conflicts with Mr. Alessi," he told my father.

"Of course." My nodded his head before looking at me. "Sweetie, please wait outside until I am done answering the officer's questions, and we can finally fly back home."

I nodded my head and left the room, closing the door behind me. Standing in the hallway, I saw Antonio, he wasn't handcuffed. It seemed like he was really discharged because there was no evidence against him.

However, I was not going to leave him that easily. I had a few words to say to him — and also some anger I wanted to lash out on him.

"YOU SICK ASSHOLE!" I yelled and walked towards him. My screams also made him stop and look at me.

"YOU SADISTIC BASTARD! DO YOU HAVE NO MERCY! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU? HUH! ANSWER ME! YOU KILLED MY HUSBAND! YOU BASTARD! YOU KILLED MY LOVE!" I screamed and slapped him hard before grabbing the hem of his shirt.

"YOU ARE A MURDERER!"

Two policemen tried to grab me and pull me away from him, but I didn't let go of his shirt. He stayed where he was and didn't try to dissuade me from him. He was already charged as a murderer and kidnapper, he certainly didn't want to be charged as a perpetrator as well.

But now I was close to him, I could pour my threats — I mean my heart out. "Congratulations, your failed plan has created a powerful and nasty bitch, now watch her get rid of you!" I whispered — my words were only for his ears to hear — before kneeing him in his cock and letting go of him, allowing the officers to pull me away from him.

Smiling delusionally, I looked at him as they pulled me away. On his knees, he groaned in pain. It was a satisfactory sight, writhing in pain, buy knowing he can't harm me at the police station.

He was the first powerful man I brought to his knees. Seeing him kneel before me got me the desire to get all men who wronged me on their knees and ask me for forgiveness.

My own father included.

❤️❤️❤️vote and comment❤️❤️❤️

Oh my Gosh. Our Rita did what Helena couldn't, she slapped him hard.