Thrity Three

"you have sadness living in places it shouldn't

"you have sadness living in places it shouldn't."
---

I didn't go to school today. I told Isabelle I wasn't going to go, last night and she understood why.

Today is the day my family died.

I didn't feel like going to school pretending I would be fine when in reality I'm not.

It's the afternoon right now and I haven't left my room.

The group has been texting me. We have a group chat together and they tried to get my attention. I didn't look at the messages though.

I roll on my side to grab my phone that buzzed with a message from the group chat.

MISSION ALEXIS
Ben Named Chat 'MISSION ALEXIS'

Ben: Where the fuck are you, Alexis!!!
Willow: Alexis I have been texting you! answer your phone!
Mathew: Are you not coming in today or what?
Ethan: BITCH WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!
Ethan: Is she dead?
Ethan: OMG GUYS SHES DEAD!
Kayden: she's not dead you idiot
Ethan: how do you know? are you with her kit kat?
Mathew: You're so annoying
Ethan: You're*
Mathew: Suck my fat juicy dick E

I laugh while reading the messages and then text them saying I just didn't feel good, so I stayed home from school. I put my phone down on my dresser and head downstairs where I see Isabelle sitting at the dining table with her phone in her hands and a tear slipping down her cheek.

I knew she would cry today but I didn't know when.

I didn't even know she was here. I thought she went to work.

Wes is at school. He doesn't like to show when he is hurting or not, but he was close to Jack since they were both boys, so they hung out.

I walk closer to Isabelle and sit down next to her at the table.

"It's hurt so much, Alexis. I miss her so so much." Isabelle sobbed before looking at me. "I don't even know why I am crying you are the one who lost them and so much more."

"You lost a lot too. You saying that is like saying 'yes what I went through sucked, but you had it worst'. Your pain is just as relevant as mine."

"How do you keep it together Alexis? You seem so put together and calm. How did you do it?"

I hide it. I hide all of my pain and keep it behind a locked door because I don't want to feel that kind of pain ever again. I never want to go through that again.

"I think I am just numb to the feeling." I shrugged.

Isabelle sobbed again. "I will never forget that night Alexis. Especially when I went into your room to tell you. I didn't want to say the words because that would make it even more real." Isabelle said. "But when you cried and scream for them, I couldn't handle it. I remember breaking down in front of you, praying for everything to be okay."

My head hurts.

Everything does.

My body feels sore, and it aches.

I hear the sound of beating and murmured talking.

I slowly open my eyes and see that I was in a hospital bed. I try to sit up, but it hurt, making me wince, but I still manage to sit up on the bed.

I look down at my body and see I was wearing a hospital gown and I had cuts and scratches on my legs and arms. I reach up to touch my head that felt heavy. I felt like my head had been hit with a thousand bricks.

I look around the hospital room and see Aunt Isabelle sleeping on the hospital chair against the wall.

Why am I here?

I feel my stomach start to hurt and my eyes become blurry but why?

What happened?

Where is my mother?

Where is my father?

Where is Jack?

I feel my heart race and my breathing pick up. I have never had a panic attack before, but I know it's scary.

"Mommy! Dad!" I yelled hoping someone would hear me but instead Aunt Isabelle wakes up and looks at me. I then see her start shedding tears as she walks towards me and hugs me. "Where are my mom and dad? Where's Jack?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

Isabelle starts sobbing while she still hugs me, and I see multiple doctors walk inside the room. I let go of Isabelle and look at her.

"I'm so sorry Alexis. I'm so so sorry." Isabelle says while sobbing and trying to get herself under control. I feel tears pricked at my eyes. Don't you dare say it, Isabelle. "There was an accident. A driver lost control of their car and-" Please don't say it, Isabelle. I shake my head while she talks. "-it crashed into yours."

"Where's my mom and dad Isabelle? Where is Jack?" I whimpered while trying to control my tears buts it hard to.

"They didn't make it Alexis." Isabelle sobbed out.

I shook my head back and forth while tears started coming down my cheeks. "No. No that's not possible that can't be true." I stated as tears started coming down. "I don't even remember what happened. What happened Isabelle?!" I asked while raising my voice a little.

"I'm so sorry Alexis."

"Where are they? Where are they?! They aren't gone." I said while trying to get up from the bed, but the nurses came and tried to calm me down. "LET ME SEE THEM! THEY AREN'T DEAD! THEY AREN'T!" I yelled while struggling against her. "I CAN'T BE ALONE! I CAN'T BE ALONE! SHOW ME WHERE THEY ARE! THEY PROMISED' ME THEY WOULD HERE!"

"Seeing you like that broke my heart, Alexis. Then when you went mute for a few months after the funeral I was so scared for you." Isabelle said making me stop thinking about that horrid day.

I feel a tear slip down my cheek.

I went mute for five months after the funeral. I wouldn't talk to anyone. I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't read or do anything. I remember staying in my room staring at the wall in front of me. I promised myself I would stare at that wall until they came back, and they never did.

"I went mute because I promised myself, I wouldn't say a word until I had my family back," I stated while trying to keep it together and not cry or let out another tear. "I didn't care about anything for those five months. I remember having nightmares every night, but it was always about me losing my family. I never got a nightmare about the car crash once. But recently I did."

Isabelle looks at me. "You remember the crash?"

I nodded my head. "I do now. I won't forget the street name either. 'Memorialized Road'."

"Alexis I am going to be here. I am not leaving you. You are staying here with me for as long as you like. I lost my sister, and I am not going to lose you." Isabelle stated and I saw she tried to stop the tears from falling from her eyes. "I love you like a daughter Alexis."

I smiled softly at her. "I love you too."