Chapter Thirteen - VILLIAN

𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑛

𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑛.
AGONY, PAIN, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN

•••

I turned, breathless in his arm.

"I would. I would resist you." I tried to keep my tone balanced but it sounded more like I was trying to convince myself.

He traced his knuckles down my cheek. "If you say so, love."

He leaned in slightly, his minty breath cascading over my skin.

"Except for this time," I whispered against his lips.

"Except for this time," he repeated, leaning in.

He kept it slow and gentle, arresting my hands behind me when I tried to deepen the kiss. He swiped a thumb over my bottom lip. "Patience is a virtue."

"That doesn't sound right coming from a Sin."

He grinned before crashing his lips into mine again. His tongue travelled lower, caressing a trail across my jaw. He lingered over my throbbing pulse, grazing the sensitive spot with his teeth. I arched my back, a soft moan escaping my lips as he soothed the sting over with a swipe of his tongue.

Lower he went—pressing hard kisses down the valley between my breasts.

I pulled away, my breath hitched in my throat. "It's not me that can't resist."

He growled threateningly. "It's not such a good idea to provoke me like that, Pandora."

"I think I'll take my chances," I breathed, walking out of the room. Only then did I notice the obvious mark he'd left along my neck, the bruise harsh against my skin. I rushed to wrap a scarf over it, arranging my hair around the fabric.

Wrath rose from the sofa with a mischievous grin. He rubbed his hands together. "Nice. Very nice."

I wrapped my hands around myself, swallowing hesitantly as Pride forced her elbow into his ribs.

"Leave her alone." She lowered her voice. "Beast will have your head if you touch her."

My curiosity died out in my throat as a hand clamped down onto my waist, tugging me into rock hard warmth. Beast dropped his head to my ear. "Remember what I told you."

"Of course. As long I tell them not to kill me, I'll be fine."

He tugged lightly at the scarf around my neck. "And I wouldn't make a habit of teasing me, either," he whispered. "I'll leave more than a mark next time."

I looked up at him, the golden wisps in his eye bright and primal.

Envy tapped Sloth on the shoulder, jolting him out of what appeared to be a deep slumber. "Wakey, wakey, Sloth." She sang. "Let's go."

My mouth fell open as he stood tall, grabbing Envy's hand tight in his. The grip appeared painful—they both let out a grunt, their fingers leaving marks across their hands.

And then she was gone.

A tight ribbon of blue smoke rafted behind her, settling down onto the floor in a pool of ash.

Sloth stretched his arms above his head a yawn, the pink glow of his eyes intensifying as it landed on me.

I leaned further into Beast's hold, the thought of another vision sending a jolt racing up my spine.

They were painful—it was like I was feeling someone else's sorrow and fear, happiness and excitement. The emotions were intensified and they'd linger in my gut, stealing my breath with every blink I took at the images.

He shrugged, encompassing Wrath's grip within his instead. Their skin turned white beneath the force of the hold. Another grunt sounded before the silence cancelled the noise out, sitting heavily where Wrath was standing moments ago.

Again, red ringlets lingered behind him, glowing crimson in the air.

"Where are they all going?" I sounded foreign even to myself, overcome with confusion and doubt.

"To the Unholy Court," Pride said; the words barely left her mouth before I was looking at a separate pile of plum coloured dust.

Sloth cracked his neck, holding his hand out to me. I extended mine forwards shakily, gasping at the tightness of his hold.

I'd touched a Sin without getting a vision before. I could do it again.

"This won't hurt one bit," he whispered.

It did.

I let out a scream, my legs giving way. Colours floated behind my eyelids, tears streaming down my cheeks. Sobs rang in my ears and no matter how much I tried to loosen my grip over his, my limbs wouldn't relax.

Plain invaded my veins, stronger than the kind I'd felt with Beast. This one was sharp, like a stab wound, stinging and bloody.

A ghastly noise snapped me out of the arrest of my mind. I felt the ground disappear from below me, my frame light in the air before my back met the wall with a thunderous thump.

I gasped, letting the oxygen fill my lungs.

Beast stood between the two of us, his fists tensed.

Sloth shook his hand out, cursing under his breath. He shot Beast a look, an unsaid conversation resting heavily in the room.

"Well then," Sloth said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I guess we'll have to find a different way to get you to the Unholy Court."

He spoke with unparalleled confidence but the slight shake to his steps gaze him away.

Beast got there before him. A strong pair of arms folded beneath me, lifting me off the ground. I winced, sensing the bruises over my shoulder blades.

"She's not your toy to experiment with, Sloth," he said warningly, the threat clear beneath his sentence.

Sloth chuckled nervously. "I didn't do anything, brother. I swear it."

Beast hissed, taking a dangerous step toward him. I shook my head at him, aware of the anger in his gaze.

I outstretched my hand to Sloth, my voice wavering. "Again."

•••

Leave a vote if you enjoyed <3

Also, which one of the Sins intrigues you the most?

Remember to follow me and add PB to your library so you're notified of new updates!

Love,
Laila