𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Jesus."

"Klaus look at her, she's angry, at them. She's one of their many victims. We can use this, speak to her. For the first time in years you are sober, you can use this to your advantage, try and talk to her." Liv encouraged, gesturing to the lady. Klaus lifted his head up and slowly built up courage to speak to her.

"Hi... Hi! Hi, uh..." he spoke softly.
"What's your name?"

The lady stared questionably at the weird man talking to her, but decided she had nothing less to lose.
"Zoya Popova."

"Oh! That's a lovely name. And can you tell me what happened?"

"What happened is if you don't shut up, I'mma cut your tongue out with a grapefruit spoon." Cha Cha suddenly spoke, startling Liv and Klaus.

"Zoya Popova." The now sober man said

"What did he say?"
"Zoya Popova?"

"Old Russian broad, short, with a limp. Oh, she's really pissed at you guys." He laughed hysterically.

»»————- ★ ————-««

"She chopped my hands off and let me bleed to death in the bathtub."

"He took me to a temple, slashed my throat, watched me bleed out."

"She crept into my room, put a pillow over my face, and told me not to bother praying."

"They attached jumper cables to my nipples and shocked me for hours."

"He pretended to have car trouble, and when I stopped to help, he ran me over. Uh... forward, reverse.
Then he saw my wife waiting for me in the car.
She ran."

All at once the victims shared their story eagerly, which proved too much for Klaus to handle. Dozens of them crowded the room making it impossible to move. Liv hadn't seen so many ghosts in one room, they weren't exactly looking their best at the moment.

"Just shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up.
Everybody, just... everybody just shut up, please shut up." Klaus hung his head low and felt hopeless.

"Jesus, you guys are worse than the drugs."

»»————- ★ ————-««

"Swiss Alps, huh?" Klaus drank the information from the victim in.

"Which one are you? Cha-Cha or Hazel?"

"Hazel."

"Jan Mueller. Remember him? Swiss Alps. Him and his wife were coming back from a ski trip." He tried to jog his memory, finally after all these years, his powers might actually work in his favour.

"I remember." Hazel scorned

"Forward. Reverse!" Cha Cha exclaimed the vague memory coming to light.

"Yeah, that's it! Yeah! And his wife...escaped down an alleyway. He says to say thank you." Klaus looked at Liv when saying it, he knew their plan was working and it was ruffling feathers. Liv only smirked back, for the first time that night feeling something other than displeasing feelings.

"What's he talking about?"

"I don't know." Hazel lied.

"He was so grateful to you, Hazel, for having spared his wife. You know, there may be hope for him yet.
Don't you think?" Klaus continued to pester.

"Bathroom, now!" The duo stormed out of the room, into the bathroom.

"Congratulations." Liv smiled at him genuinely. Klaus smirked back.

"Thank you very much dear."

»»————- ★ ————-««

Liv felt selfish, troubled by the feeling in her heart. She felt selfish that she wanted to get back to Ben more than anything, more than helping Klaus out. To be honest, there wasn't much she could do.

"Jan says you're a real mensch, Hazel. He said you were such a great..."

"Screw it." Cha Cha put tape back onto his mouth.

There were subtle footsteps that could be heard outside. Liv pulled herself closer to the window and looked out, noticing a detective.

"Klaus there's someone there! Do something, anything!" Liv quickly pleaded, desperate to get back to Ben.

Klaus just as desperate to get out of the restraints and to catch freedom again shuffled and jumped to get nearer to the table. Without a second thought, Klaus started banging his head against the table, blood dripping out in the process.

The door opened.

Hope.

"Are you Diego's brother?" The detective asked and carefully took of the tape from Klaus' mouth.

"Yeah."

"I'm Detective Patch."

Klaus motioned to the other side of the room, which gave a brief explanation of where they were.

"Police! Drop the gun, or you're going down!" Patch raised her gun up in defence, ready.

"I'm coming out. Don't shoot."

Klaus whispered to Liv,
"Lou come on, we have to go, look let's go through here." The girl only continued to stare at patch and watch nervously.

"Lou let's go! Come on you can go see Ben now." Klaus had gotten Liv out of her dazed state and they went through the vent, the man taking the briefcase along with him.

»»————- ★ ————-««

The two were now on a bus, back to the academy.
"Do you think she will be okay?" Liv asked, only wanting one answer.

"Yeah, yeah don't worry about it"
Klaus opened the sides of the briefcase getting ready to open it.

"Oh! Please be money.Only money. Or... treasure. Diamonds."

A blue light emerged and engulfed them.

"Oh fuck."