I suddenly got back to my senses and I took out my pepper spray.

"Val, stop." I shouted as I sprayed him in the eyes.

"Ah shit, what the fuck Kate." He covered his eyes with his bloody hand as he yelled. I took my two finger's and laid them on his neck to check for a pulse. "He's dead." I mumbled with my eyes wide open. I just saw Val kill someone for the second time. "H-He's dead." I repeated as I tried to get a sense of reality. "Why would you do that Val?" I cried out.

"Get me a some paper towels and cold water."

"But he-"

"Kate, get the fuck up and do as I say."

I was too scared to disobey a murderer. I rushed to the bathroom and got what he asked for. I handed it to him as he cursed under his breath from the pain. "Let me do it." I tilted his head back on my thighs as I soaked the towel in the water. "Does it really hurt that bad?" I softly asked as I gently put water on his eyes.

"What do you think Kate." He says annoyed. "Okay, okay you can stop now." He sat back up and blinked a couple times before bending down to pick up the dead body. "Wipe the blood off the floor while I put him in the trunk." He ordered.

I nervously bite my nails. The trunk? What was he planning to do. Shit, doesn't this make me an accomplice to the murder.

I wiped the blood off the floor as I was trying not to throw up. I wonder if anyone saw what happened and called the police. I got worried, so I quickly tossed the bloody towel in the trash and I rushed outside.

"Val? You there?" I looked around the parking lot.

"Kate." He walked over and softly grabbed my shaking hands. "I'm sorry you had to see that. Are you okay?"

"No, of course I'm not okay." I look at him as I reach my arms out towards his neck and I lean in for a hug. "You scare me sometimes."

He puts his arms around my waist and drops his head on my shoulder. "He should have died a long time ago anyway. He was part of the mob that killed my father." He whispers coldly.

"Won't the police be coming here soon?" I ask worried.

"Yea, so we should get going. Don't worry about it though, I'm part of the strongest mafia so there's nothing those fuckers can do against me anyway."

He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist as he walks towards his car. I couldn't fight my feelings for him anymore. I couldn't help feeling comfortable only in his arms. Even though I knew it was never a good idea to be associated with the mafia, he was my exception.

I'll keep his stupid shirt for now.

"Why did you call me over here anyway?" He asks as he puts me down in the front seat.

"You don't need to know." I smile as I look out the window. "What are we going to do with him?"

"We have to bury the body."

We have to bury him?!?!

He looks over at my pale face and smiles. "I'll do it, you can stay in the car once we get there." He rubs my thigh as I glance over at him. He looked calmer than before, his jaw was relaxed and he looked less tense. I place my hand on his and I traced his little scars with my finger.

"It's hot tonight." I mumble as I close my eyes. The window rolls down and I feel a gush of wind on my face. "Where are we headed?"

"The desert. We have to hide him in a place where no one will notice." He turns on music from the car.