5

My phone rings, "Hello, who is--"

"Kate, you're still coming at 8 tonight for my secret lovers plan, right?" Selena cuts me off.

I look at my phone to check the time, 7:45. Oh shit, if I don't leave now I'll be late.

"Way to make the name not cringe-worthy at all." I say sarcastically as I slide on my favorite black boots. "I'm on my way as we speak."

"Hurry your ass over here. You better not be late. Oh and bring Megan with you, we just won't bring up any mafia related stuff since I haven't told her about that yet." She hangs up.

She's just as impatient as ever. I put on a jacket and I dash out of my room and into the living room.

"Megan" I shout. "Come over here."

"Whats up?" She walks out of her room yawning, still in the pajama's and fuzzy slippers from this morning.

"We gotta go to Selena's right now. Get dressed and I'll explain in the car."

Before I could wait for an answer I run to my car and I start it up.

"Ugh, we only have ten minutes." I mumble.

"Okay, I'm here, let's go." Megan says getting in the car and putting on her seat belt.

On the way there, I told Megan that Selena had a secret boyfriend and that she was going to tell us her plan when we got there. Megan is always down for anything if it's with Selena and I.

As I pull up to the front of her white house, I get a text saying to sneak up to her room without anyone knowing. That was going to be hard considering her room was on the second floor, and it was already pitch black outside.

Megan and I got out of the car and ran through her big yard to one side of the house.

"Okay here's whats going to happen, this side of the house leads to her room, but there's a security camera, so we are going to have to climb into her brother's room since there's a blind spot there." I whisper.

"Her brother? I didn't know she had one." Megan whispers back.

I shrug my shoulders as I motion for her to follow me. I stand up in front of the wall looking up at the window. The light was off, which meant he wasn't there. Great.

"You go first." She kneels down with her fingers interlocked ready for me to step.

I nod and I step on her hands as she lifts me up.

"Shit I hope the window's open." I mutter.

"Come on, you're heavy as fuck." She grunts as she stumbles a bit.

"Shut up, I'm almost there." I grab onto the bottom of the window as I push it open. I smile as I pull myself up. I climb through the window and I jump down to the floor as I reach down to pull her up. She grabs onto my hand.

"Shit, this is harder than I thought." I say frowning.

"Do you need help?" A voice behind me says. My heart drops and I jump back from shock.

"Ow, what the fuck Kate, you dropped me." Megan squeals.

"Oops sorry." I say to Megan still looking at the dark figure. "Mister, this isn't what it looks like. We aren't robbers."

"Is that you Kate?" The light turns on and I see Jason. I sigh in relief that it's just Selena's brother and I give him a quick hug. "Wow, it's been awhile. So what exactly are you do--"

"Hello? I'm still here." Megan cuts him off.

He strolls towards the window and looks down. He chuckles as he reaches down and pulls her up effortlessly.