"She doesn't mean him any harm," he defended me. "She is just a victim in his game of power, Valerio. And I promised Mia that I would not harm innocents."

"Is your promise to Mia the only reason you kept her alive? Or is it the cunt that she offered you for keeping her alive?" he asked him with a dark chuckle. "Must be a tight little cunt, considering that it took him his mind off, huh? Rita?" He tried to bypass Roman to get to me.

"Watch your fucking mouth! And get the fuck away from her!" Roman pushed him away. His brother stumbled back with a low chuckle.

"I am really innocent, I really don't mean any harm, I just want to live." My bottom lip quivered and my voice trembled as I tried to not cry.

"Innocent? Meaning no harm?" His brother huffed. "You can fool my idiot brother with those words, but you can't fool me, darling, I see the danger and power in you."

He nodded his head to Roman. "He killed your husband, you will rightfully inherit most of his company shares now as his entire family is almost dead, except his sister who wants revenge for the murder of her family."

"I don't want the shares. I just want to be free and live in peace. I'm not going to harm anyone. Just let me go and you will never see me again," I said to his brother.

"I don't know you — or your credibility. Therefore, I am not going to take the risk of letting you go, only for you to have enough of poverty and go back to your father one day, resulting in your greedy father transferring all your shares to him to get stronger before giving Nicolai's sister a helping hand to get rid of all for us."

I breathed in and out to calm myself down before stepping aside and looking at his brother. "I don't want to die." I sobbed, looking at him with my tear-streamed face.

"No one want, but guess what, darling? That's the cycle of the life, and your life is almost up, unfortunately." I froze as he pointed his gun at me. The moment he aimed the gun at me, Roman pointed his gun at his brother's head.

"If you dare to pull that damn trigger, I can guarantee you will be following her in seconds," Roman told him callously, his voice cold — lacking of any emotions."

"You are ready to kill me for a bitch? I am your fucking brother, Roman!" he hissed at Roman. I didn't want to die. I didn't want my baby to die. I instinctively put my hands protectively around my stomach.

"I don't care who you are right now. Put your damn gun down!" he demanded.

"P-Please," I stuttered and they both looked at me. "I am pregnant."

They both looked at me in surprise before Valerio laughed humourlessly. "You have to be kidding me, you really did knock her up?!" he asked Roman, whose gaze was fixed on my stomach.

"The first test I bought you wasn't broken, was it? You just didn't mean to tell me you are pregnant. You tried to hide it from me," he muttered, ignoring his brother's question.

"I am sorry, I only wanted not to trouble you more than I already had. You've done and risked too much for me already," I said, my voice shaking in fear and anticipation.

"You tried to take my child away from me?" he asked me, looking at me madly.

"I just didn't want to cause you more problems, Roman. I didn't want you to think about a child—" I tried to explain myself when he interrupted me.

"Shut up! You don't take decisions for me, you hear me! I can't believe you wanted to hide my child from me!" he snapped at me, his sudden outburst made me wince.