Chapter 2

Belle's POV:

I woke up in a hospital room. I had bandages pretty much everywhere. The police officer was sat beside the bed I was laying on. I started to panic.

where was Mom? she was going to be so mad at me. I was really gonna get punished when I got home. Where was Mark? I got him in trouble. Is he in the same hospital?

The machine next to me started to beep making me panic even more. I covered my ears and closed my eyes so tight it hurt a little. The officer beside me woke up and ran to the door yelling something. More people started to rush into the room. I couldn't breathe. I had tears running down my cheeks and I was rocking back and forth.

They surrounded me making me feel stuck, and suffocated.

A lady yelled at everyone to leave. and they did she unplugged the beeping machine.

than she took my hands away from my ears. I flinched hard. she just told me to open my eyes and when I did she just smiled and said "Hello sweet girl, it's just you and I. You're safe here."

after a moment of silence she spoke again "My name is Claire, I'm a social worker at the hospital. Your name is Isabella, right?" I only nodded in response.

"We did a DNA test on you, while you were asleep, to see if you had any other family members."

She paused for a moment. "We found out you have some older Brothers. They immediately agreed to take you in. They should be here within the hour."

I was shocked. I actually had family? Could I even call them family? Why hadn't my Mom told me about them? Why would she? Are they going to hurt me too? Are they stronger than Mark and Mom?

She said I was an only child and that My father wanted nothing to do with a worthless child like me, and that I ruined her life.

I guessed time flew by while I was in my thoughts. Claire stood up. "I'll be right back some of your brothers are here, I have to talk to them about your situation."

They would know. They were going to know how broken I was. How many did she say I have? She didn't say. I was started to panic. a few minutes later two very very tall men walked in with Claire. They looked so scary. I started to inch my way to the furthest edge of the bed.

"My sweet baby sister..." The one who looked younger whispered. He started to walk towards me while reaching out to me. I flinched, and covered my head. He stopped and backed away a few steps.

Claire now came forward and said "Isabella, these are two of your brothers. They're going to be taking you home tonight. You've been here for about a week so you're stable enough to leave."

Claire got a call and excused herself. As soon as she started to walk away I panicked once again.

The older looking once broke the suffocating silence.

"Belle...We've been looking for you..."

I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. Couldn't even if I wanted to. They didn't give me permission to speak. Were they just trying to trick me, so they could punish me later? Mom and Mark did that sometimes...

Claire walked back into the room and asked if they could give us a minute, before she spoke again.

"I have to go in a minute, but I've talked to the doctors and they confirmed you can leave today. You can leave with your Brothers."

I think she could see the panic in my eyes, so she paused thinking through her next words.

"They are super nice people and they will take great care of you okay? And I'll check-in, and you can call me whenever you want." she handed me her card and pointed to the pile of clothes on the chair I hadn't noticed until now, and asked me if I needed help changing. I shook my head no, and started to get up. I was a little wobbly and I almost fell, but caught myself. she left once I got into the bathroom, not before warning me that my brothers would come back in to help me leave with them. 

the clothes hung off of me. I guess I was too skinny. the tags said extra small.  

When I walked out of the bathroom my new Brothers were yell whispering to each other. When they noticed my presence they turned to me. The older one just looked worried, but the younger one looked at me and smiled. I just looked at the floor again.

The younger once spoke first. 

"Hey Belle, I suppose you probably don't remember us. You were just a tiny little baby when we last saw you. My name is Adrian I'm your third oldest brother at young age of twenty, but everyone just calls me Ian. And that worry wart over there is Lorenzo, he's your oldest brother and when I say old I mean old he's 27, we just call him Enzo though." he smiled at me when I nodded and paused before speaking again. "ready to go kiddo?" I just nodded in response. 

Third oldest.Third oldest.Third oldest.Third oldest.Third oldest.Third oldest.Third oldest.

that just kept repeating over and over again in my head. How many brothers do I have?!?!?!

When we got into the car Mr. Lorenzo sat in the driver's seat while Mr. Adrian sat in the passenger seat. I sat in the back.

Mr. Adrian kept trying to change the radio channel to someone he said was Lady GaGA. Mr. Lorenzo wanted to listen to the news. I was just glad they weren't asking me questions. 

We pulled up outside a small plane. I had never flown on a plane before. 

They get out of the car and I follow closely after. As we walked up the stairs into the jet my jaw dropped. It was beautiful, but I didn't see any other passengers on the plane, just us and the crew. I think Mr. Adrian noticed my confusion. 

"It's our families jet." he said simply

"have you ever flown before Bella?" Mr. Adrian asked me. 

I just shook my head. I was getting really anxious about being so high in a flying metal coffin. 

Again Mr. Adrian noticed my emotions. He took it upon himself to try and ramble to calm me down.

"Oh. Oh. When we get back to New York we'll have to go shopping for clothes for you, and We put Leo and Luca in charge of decorating your room while we came to pick you up. Most likely we'll have to redo it completely. We gotta talk color scheme, style, accents. I am guessing you don't have a phone so we'll have to get you one of those as well. OH! we could match your phone case to the color of your walls!!"

when he shouted I jumped and than inched away from him a bit. Mr. Lorenzo noticed this time.

"Ian, you're overwhelming her. This doesn't have to be figured out right this instant. let her breathe." Mr. Lorenzo spoke while flashing a faint smile with sadness packed behind it.

"I was just trying to help..." Mr. Adrian mumbled

Mr. Lorenzo ignored Mr. Adrian and just turned back to me.

"What's your favorite color?" 

I looked between the two silently asking if I was supposed to speak. I opened and closed my mouth several times. I was scared to speak it was one of the rules.

"P-P-Purp-Purple." I stuttered out.

They both looked surprised I actually answered. was I going to get punished?

"That's the first time I've heard your voice.."

"It was beautiful...."