𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"What

"What...?" Lev stepped into the gym, Kenma shuffling in behind him. "You..."

Kuroo opened his eyes to look at Lev.

Lev was staring at him, his eyes filled with the hurt of betrayal.

Then Kuroo felt a yank on his collar. Lev dragged him up by the collar and shook him aggressively.

"YOU! I TRUSTED YOU! I THOUGHT YOU LIKE HER!" Lev screamed in his senior's face. "DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW IS SHE-"

"Lev," Kenma spoke. "Stop it."

"Kenma-san-" Lev started to speak, but Kenma raised his hand.

"Enough. Leave. Don't cause a scene."

Lev let go of Kuroo's collar and padded away. Before he stepped out of the gym, he threw Kuroo a dirty look.

"Akaashi," Kenma looked at his fellow setter, who nodded and went out. Bokuto trailed after him like a duckling following the mother duck.

Once they left, Kenma shut the gym doors before sitting down crossed legged on the floor. Kuroo stared at him.

"Sit," Kenma murmured. "You too, Yaku-san." Kuroo and Yaku plopped down.

"I didn't know you stopped playing games to come here," Yaku said.

"I did," Kenma said. "It's too noisy outside, so I stopped playing." He looked at Kuroo. "Explain."

"What?" Kuroo grunted. "I have nothing to say."

"Lies," Kenma said calmly. "I've interacted with you for years. You will never do... What you did."

Kuroo pressed his legs to his chest and hugged them, resting his chin between his knees. He sighed, and started explaining.

While he was doing so, Kenma fiddled with his fingers and hummed "mn" between Kuroo's explanation.

"... So now I've fucked up, and I dunno what to do," Kuroo finished. He sighed and pressed his forehead to his knees.

"... Did you really like her because of her looks?" Yaku asked. "Take your time to think, really," he added.

So Kuroo thought his answer over. Finally, he shook his head. "She's pretty, yes. But... She's also strong. She... Was heartbroken, but here she is, still alive, still breathing, still here. She didn't... Well, die. She's brave. And, well... Yeah..."

"Before you made the bet it's about the looks right?" Yaku asked coldly.

"Well... Yeah..."

Kenma fiddled with his fingers. "Mm. I think you're an idiot."

"What?" Kuroo and Yaku said together.

"Yeah," Kenma confirmed. "You're an idiot."

"Explain," Kuroo grunted, feeling slightly offended.

"Well, you see, that's not how love works. ' I'll make her fall in love with me in a week.' Love doesn't work like that. What you're experiencing is infatuation," Kenma explained.

Yaku raised an eyebrow. "What do you know about infatuation? I didn't have the impression you like someone real, mostly fictional maybe." Kenma glared at Yaku.

"So- So what do I do?" Kuroo asked hurriedly, anxious to make thing better again.

"Apologise. And please, if you have a chance for a do-over, start as friends first," Kenma said.

"What if she doesn't give me a chance?" Kuroo tugged at his hair.

Kenma tipped his head. "I didn't know you'll say that about a girl."

"Well, I mean..." Kuroo's ears turned red.

"So you really like her?" Yaku asked.

"I mean. I did already. Before the bet. But at first I thought she's pretty that's why I liked her. But she can play volleyball and-" Kuroo babbled, and cut himself off. "Oh. Damn. What am I saying? But, she's so nice to me, you know? Like she practices with me, and during practice she helps me."

"Is that appreciation I hear from you?" Yaku's lips twitched up.

"I dunno. Is it?" Kuroo asked, clueless.

Yaku facepalmed.

🌹

"Look here, Y/N. He's not worth your tears," Lev said.

The pair were currently in the managers' sleeping quarters. Just the two of them, a bundled in blankets one and a sliver haired one.

Y/N sniffed. "He's dumb," she said thickly. She had been pushed into the showers by Kiyoko when she came to get Y/N. Then she was bundled up in blankets by the other managers once she was dressed and stepped out of the showers.

Lev and Asahi were waiting anxiously at the managers' sleeping quarters. The moment he saw Y/N, Lev immediately hugged her tightly.

The next few moments were blurred to Y/N. She didn't know how did she have the energy and mentality to explain why she was running in the rain, nor she had the energy to explain what Kuroo did. She just wanted to go home, that was the only thing she remembered.

Next thing she knew, all the managers and Asahi had left, leaving her under Lev's care.

Lev cradled her hands in his, rubbing the back of her hands with his thumbs. Y/N blinked at him.

"You're sad. Are you okay?"

Lev looked up. "Mn?"

"You always rub my hands when you're sad."

"Oh..." Lev murmured, then shrugged. "I'm not sad, just disappointed. I thought Kuroo-san liked you."

I thought so too.

Lev shrugged again. "He's just another Shin."

"Yeah..."

"What are you gonna do now?"

Y/N closed her eyes. "I dunno, Leaf. Tell me, what do I do?"

Seeing the girl who had never called out for help to others before but so vulnerable because of past incidents playing out once again, made Lev gather the broken thing in his arms and hug her tightly.

"I dunno as well."

A/N: shat almost at the end of this whole thing Jjskwowkeksksjsjs-