𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"There

"There. You're cleaned up," Kuroo said.

"Thanks," Y/N murmured. He gave her a small smile.

The moment Y/N reached the court Karasuno was playing at, Asahi immediately headed towards her.

"How are you?" He asked. "Are you okay?" Before she could reply, he cupped her face in his hands and lifted her face up.

"Why are your eyes puffy?" He asked. "Did Kuroo made you cry?"

"What-?"

"Kuroo made you cry?!" Sugawara popped up beside Asahi.

"HE DID WHAT?!" Tanaka and Nishinoya popped up beside Sugawara.

"No," Y/N said calmly. "He did not. I just... Told him about Shin."

"WHAT?!" Asahi said loudly.

"Who?" Tanaka and Nishinoya chirped together, but Asahi ignored them.

"You told him about Shin, and you cried because you told him about Shin?" Asahi's eyebrow was raised so high it almost touched his hairline.

Y/N nodded slowly.

"Who's Shin?" Tanaka repeated.

Asahi scrunched up his nose, as if he smelled something foul. "A bastard."

"Huh?" Nishinoya tipped his head like a puppy.

"Don't ask," Sugawara murmured and lead the two second years back to the court.

🌹

"How's Y/N?" Lev asked, cornering Kuroo in the gym. Evening had settled and everyone was packing up and getting ready for dinner.

Kuroo blinked. "Y/N?" He echoed. "OH! Yeah! She's fine."

"You didn't do anything to her, didn't you?" Lev asked suspiciously.

Kuroo raised an eyebrow. "What? Are you implying that I'll do something bad to her?"

Lev shrugged and turned away. He mumbled, "doesn't matter..."

"Is it about that Shin guy?" Kuroo blurted out.

Lev froze. He turned back to Kuroo, who took a step back.

Lev's green eyes glowed with malice. "What did to say?"

"S-Shin... That guy..." Kuroo stuttered. "Who's he?"

"How did you know about Shin?" Lev whispered. "Y/N told you?"

Kuroo nodded. "Why? Is he-"

"Don't speak of him in front of me," Lev said coldly. "After what he had done."

"To Y/N? What did he do?"

Lev ran a hand through his silver hair. "Lied, cheated, played with feelings..."

Kuroo furrowed his brow. "How did you and Y/N meet?"

Lev scrunched up his nose. "Kindergarten. Field trip to her school. Met her there. Our mothers exchanged numbers and here we are."

Ahh... It seemed as though Kuroo had no chance with Y/N now.

"Sees me as another brother, though." Lev's voice lowered into a mumble.

Kuroo tried not to show it, but his spirits were immediately raised. "Ah... I see... So, brother zone?"

"Kinda, but I'm kind of grateful to still be with her as a brother." Lev shrugged.

Grateful... When was Kuroo grateful to rare things in life?

"Excuse me, gentlemen. Excuse me, gentlemen." Yaku stood in front of the pair, a megaphone near his lips. "Please stop chit chatting and practice receives. I repeat, excuse me-"

"Oh shut up," Kuroo said playfully and yanked the megaphone away.

A/N: hey lol- I'm back- sorry for the wait- mega writer's block- had to consult an English teacher of mine, a friend and plead my other friends over Instagram stories- no reply though 🥲