𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"Kuroo," Bokuto called

"Mm?" Kuroo hummed. He stopped practicing some setting.

Bokuto beckoned him over and Kuroo jogged towards him.

"What's up?" He asked. Bokuto tilted his head outside.

The pair stepped out to the back of the gym. Kuroo looked up. The sky was a reddish colour, meaning that it was going to rain soon.

"What's up?" Kuroo repeated.

Bokuto's back was facing him. When he spoke, Kuroo couldn't see the expression on his face. "Are you gonna stick to the bet or not?"

"Not again," Kuroo groaned. "Why do you keep bringing up the bet when it's just the two of us?"

"Didn't you promise you'll do the bet?" Bokuto whirled around to face his friend. "I don't like promises broken, Kuroo. You know it."

Kuroo rolled his eyes. "The bet's stupid, Bokuto."

"You didn't say that when we made the bet a few days ago," Bokuto shot back.

Kuroo scowled. "Now I think it's stupid-"

"It's because of Y/N, isn't it? Didn't you make a bet on her to make her fall in love with you in a week because she looks pretty?"

"I-" Kuroo opened his mouth to defend himself, but was cut off.

"... What?" A voice not belonging to either Bokuto or Kuroo made them whip around. Kuroo suppressed a gasp when he saw who it was.

"Y/N..."

Y/N stood in front of them, cradling five bottles of water. But the bottles had landed on the grass as Y/N had dropped them. In shock, Kuroo reckoned.

"Y/N..." Kuroo repeated, his voice suddenly sounding hoarse. He stepped forward, but she took a step back.

"No..." She said softly, shaking her head. Her eyes were round with shock. "No..."

"What did you hear?" Bokuto murmured.

Y/N's gaze on him was stone cold. "Everything."

"Y/N, I'm sorry..." Kuroo whispered. She shook her head.

"You... Placed a bet on me...?"

"I'm sorry. It was just a stupid joke-"

Y/N flared up. "A joke?! Playing with my feelings by putting a bet on me is a joke to you?!" Kuroo winced.

"I'm sorry-" Y/N closed her eyes raised her hand for him to shut his mouth. She sucked in a deep breath before opening her eyes again. They were brimming with tears.

"To think I told you about Shin in hopes you'll understand-"

"I do," Kuroo spoke but she plowed on.

"No, you don't. If you do, then you'll not play me like he did."

A low rumbling sounded. Bokuto looked up. "It's gonna rain," he murmured, but no one replied. The first of the many raindrops started falling. Kuroo's hair had lost its volume and flattened onto his head.

"I'm sorry," Kuroo croaked. That was all he could say. He reached for Y/N's wrist. She shook her head.

"I am absolutely disgusted with you," she choked out. She whipped around and ran off.

"Y/N!"

Water soaked though Y/N's sneakers. Who cares? It didn't matter. Raindrops rolled down her face, mixing with the tears that had rolled down her cheeks until she couldn't tell the difference between rain and tears.

"Y/N?" A voice that sounded... Distant.

"Y/N!"

Y/N slammed into someone's chest. "Y/N?" She looked up.

Akaashi looked down at her, his eyes slightly wide with shock.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and that was the breaking point.

Y/N had never cried so damn hard ever since "Shin" broke her. Now it was the exception.

A/N: hi😃 UM! YAY! ANGST! WOW! it sucks-