Chapter 17

Author P.O.V

"I have gone through a bunch of records and there seems to be nothing on this kid" Jordyn says with a deep sigh everything has been so hectic for the group of men it can only get better after what they've been through right?

"Send his picture to Valerie or something" Trey says sounding tired as well.

"I did it's like this child don't even exists he's no where in their records" Jordyn says typing away in his computer. They did a great job of hiding confidential information on the child but he'll find it he always does.

The night they got home from their adventurous night everyone went to sleep in their respectable rooms. Of course Jordyn stayed with the child because he was already holding him and he didn't wanna bug him by moving him around to much.

"Can one of y'all go check if that kid is still breathing he's been asleep for like 14 hours" Shawn finally pipes up not noticing the time.

"Why don't you go you already standing" Jordyn says rolling his eyes.

"Cause I might wake him up you know how I am" Shawn snaps back. It's true he's even louder when he's not trying to be it's also really funny to watch him be quiet sometimes.

"Yo both of y'all shut up he probably needs his sleep" Trey pipes in shutting both of his best friends up who only glare at each other.

"Nigga he could be dead" Shawn says slowly emphasizing the dead part. Shawn is definitely the type of dad who would come to your room to check if you're still breathing even in your teenage years.

Well Shawn's talk about the little boy being dead pipes down when there's small steps making their way down stares. You can hear the nervousness and hesitation in the steps and soon they completely stop.

Shawn is about to say something dumb about the kid finally being dead like he said to try and prove his point. The small boy's head peaks out from the side of the wall before going back into hiding when he notices all eyes are on him.

"He's so fucking precious i'm gonna pass out" Shawn says feeling his hurt squeeze tightly at the cuteness. Trey and Jordyn completely agree. The small head peaks out again and this time the little boy stares and looks at each man individually until his eyes land on Jordyn.

He recognizes Jordyn's gentle and genuine eyes and immediately and quickly waddles towards him as if not being used to walking just yet and does grabby hands towards him wanting to get picked up. Jordyn is quick to pick up the boy who cuddles into his chest finally feeling safe in the nice man's arms.

"If Jordyn's his favorite then he's gonna be a brat" Shawn states with a huff earning a glare from Jordyn. Shawn is thankful that that child is in Jordyn's arms because he knows for a fact a hand would have been choking him by now.

"Shut the fuck up and go get him some breakfast" Jordyn says with a huff. Shawn smacks his lips and goes into the kitchen non the less to get the kid some freshly made food made by him. It's actually shocking how he's a better cook than Jordyn, but he'll never bring it up because he knows Jordyn will do some foul shit to him.

Trey comes back with the food and attempts to hand it to Jordyn who gives him an incredulous look.

"I ain't feeding nobody child not even my own" Jordyn states knowing a difficult it can be feeding children, and he still has work to finish.

"Well he's attached to you and i'm sure as hell not not doing shit" Shawn says back Jordyn simply turns to Trey and gives him a look and then Trey looks at Shawn with a pointed look.

"You always siding with him he bats his eyes and you fold" Shawn mumbles Jordyn sticks his tongue out at Shawn bragging about his win. He has both Trey and Shawn wrapped around his fingers, and both men know it.

"Aye child come here" Shawn says to the child cuddled into Jordyn's chest hiding his face effectively Jordyn wonders how the boy can breath. Oh wait.

"Does he speak english" Shawn asks Trey who lets out a small laugh at Shawn's stupidity. Sometimes Trey wonders why he Shawn became friends in the first place.

"Yes, he speaks english and you gotta ask nicely" Jordyn says glaring at Shawn. Jordyn taps on the child's shoulder and the child hesitatingly looks up Jordyn points at Shawn and the child looks where he's pointing curiously and finds Shawn standing there.

The child thinks he's seen the man somewhere but can't put his finger on it.

"Aye can I pick you up?" Shawn questions as nicely as possible, but he can only do so much when it's Jordyn making him do it. The child quickly shakes his head 'no' and hides his face in Jordyn's chest.

"Is that your idea of nicely?" Trey questions laughing at the rejection Shawn just faced.

"Nigga i'd like to see you try" Shawn snaps causing Trey to laugh even more at his friends failure and frustration. Shawn clears his throat and tries again.

"Can I hold you?" Shawn says more genuinely and the child slowly turns at the soft voice and looks at Shawn judging him and seeing if he's a nice person like the person currently holding him.

The child curiously looks at Jordyn almost like asking for approval and Jordyn nods his head and the boy goes into Shawn's hands. Who does a mini mental celebration dance at his success.

Shawn starts walking away from where Jordyn and Trey are to go feed the child who starts whimpering clearly not wanting to be to far away from Jordyn.

"Hey, it's okey i'm not gonna hurt you, and i'm low key better than Jordyn anyway" Shawn says softly shushing the boy while bouncing him lightly in his arms trying to calm him down. It works for the most part but the boy still looks towards Jordyn a lot, So Trey sits somewhere the boy will be able to see Jordyn to make him feel a little safer. Hopefully he grows out of that for many reasons.

Shawn starts by cutting small pieces for the boy who curiously watches while also letting his gaze wander to Jordyn and around the house. Shawn notices this and wonders if the little boy feels overwhelmed and he assumes the answer is yes.

"Say ahhhhh" Shawn says opening his mouth really wide demonstrating what he wants the boy to do. The little boy makes a face before doing what Shawn demonstrated feeling the need to show Shawn he can open his mouth just as wide.

Shawn puts a small piece of a pancake into the boy's mouth the boy keeps his mouth open making Shawn laugh.

"Chew" Shawn says moving his teeth up and down with his mouth wide open, the boy sees this and does the same thing getting pancake crumbs everywhere.

"Okay, but close your mouth like this" Shawn says putting a piece of pancake in his own mouth chewing it very slowly and swallowing then opening his mouth very wide to show that food is gone. The little boy watches Shawn's movements very closely  before doing the same thing mimicking Shawn's movement then opens his mouth very wide to show that the food is gone as well.

"good job" Shawn says patting the boy's head feeding  goes really well after that. When the boy is done eating he turns his head to the side refusing to eat anymore. Shawn gets a small amount of milk in a cup and slowly helps the boy drink it to balance everything out.

"You all dirty now let's get you cleaned up" Shawn coos he notices Jordyn and Trey looking at him like he's grown two heads.

"What?" Shawn challenges coming back into the living room with the little boy in his arms all cleaned up.

"I'm surprised you actually good wit kids" Trey admits with a lot of surprise in his voice.

"I honestly thought his dumbass and the little boy had the same amount of brain cells and wouldn't be  able to communicate" Jordyn admits as well letting out a small laugh when he sees Shawn's offended face.

This shit been in my drafts so I decided to be nice today and publish it ❤️ but yayayayayayayay an update

Stay safe!!!!!!