52

The van parked at the back of the building as the company guard helped you get off, you were taken aback with how gentle they are with you.

They lead you towards the elevator at the parking lot as you watch one of them press the button of the highest floor.

Seconds later, there was a ‘ting!’. Indicating that you arrived at the floor, you stepped out as they lead you to the room at the end of the hallway.

The door opened and you saw a chubby man with glasses sitting on a swivel chair and a table was placed in front of him.

You sat on the empty chair across him, he smiled at you, "I'm Bang Pd-nim, the CEO of this company."

You didn't reply and just watch him as he look at the men, "Untie her and leave us alone."

"But, Sir–"

"Please." The men had no choice but to obey the CEO which made you scoff.

The men left after doing what they were told to do, leaving you and the CEO alone, "Introduce yourself."

You were silent, hesitating if you should say your real name so you ended up with a fake one, "Sooho."

"The real one." Your eyes widened and looked at him, he's just smiling.

"Y-y/n."

"Nice to meet you. I am a matchmaker like you."

Your lips parted in disbelief, "How?"

"I'm a matchmaker turned into an ordinary human because I'm tired of living a long life. So, the moment you came in, I knew that you are like me but with a higher profile."

You nodded, "I'm the daughter of the highest matchmakers."

It's now his turn to be surprised, despite of having a hard time on kneeling, he still stood up and went down on his knees, "Your Highness."

You sighed, "No need to do that. I'm simply a Guardian now, being a matchmaker is all in the past."

Bang Pd-nim stood up and went back to his seat, "Ha! I'm working out yet I got tired just by kneeling."

You smirked, "What's your definition of working out?"

He chuckled, "Anyway, we both know that you'll always be a matchmaker no matter how many years have passed." You just rolled your eyes.

"So, why did you sneak in at Bangtan's dorm?"

"Oh, that," You sit properly, "My current assignment is your artist who passed away."

His eyes widened, "Is that–"

"Jung Hoseok."

"How is he?"

"He can't remember what exactly happened the night he died."

"Huh? Why?"

"That's normal, Bang Pd-nim." He nodded.

"So, why did you help him? You're a guardian, you're only responsible of guiding him and convincing him to stay at the spirit world."

You crossed your arms, "Bang Pd-nim, that is the reason why I'm doing this. I don't want him to stay at the spirit world, I want him to return in the mortal world."

If a person die, a guardian will be assigned to them and they are given a chance to choose if they want to stay in the spirit world, where they won't experience hardships and just relax there, or if they want to return to the mortal world, which will take a long time. If the guardian succeeds on making spirits stay in the spirit world, they will gain points which is required because if they reach 10,000 points, they can live again.

"It's not like I don't want Hoseok to live again, but you'll lose the chance of going back to life if a spirit choose to return to the mortal world. Your points will go back to zero if one among the spirits under you choose the mortal world."

"I don't care. I want to convince Hoseok to go back to the mortal world, there are so many people who shower him with love and care and I want him to live with that."

He sighed, "So, what are you going to do?"

"I'll help him with everything."

*

"Guardian. We need you here. Now."

You took a deep breath as your mist engulfed your figure and when it disappeared, you're already at the Superior's office.

Your eyes widened when you saw his favorite chair flying towards you, due to your fast reflexes, you managed to dodge it as a loud thud resounded after it hit the wall.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

Your face remained neutral but you were sure that you're nervous after releasing a sigh when you figured that you're not breathing.

"I believe that I don't get what you are pertaining to, Superior." You calmly and respectfully said, shrugging off that he just threw his chair made of gold at you.

"YOU BROKE ALMOST ALL THE RULES! ALL FOR THAT SPIRIT!"

You flinched, not because of his burning glare but because of how he growled. Scenarios of possible punishments entered your mind as you looked down.

"I'm sorry." Was all you can say.

"YOU ALWAYS DO THIS, Y/N! ALL OF YOUR PAST LIVES AND EVEN IN THIS TIME, YOU STILL DISOBEY RULES FOR HIM! YOU NEVER LEARNED! HE'S ALWAYS THE CAUSE FOR YOU TO END YOU LIFE!"

You looked up and smiled, "He's my first and my end, either he will end me or we will end up together. But based on my experiences, the latter is impossible."

The Superior finally calmed down, he knew what you've gone through but, "Aren't you getting tired?"

"I am, Superior. That's why I'm doing my best to bring him back to life and disobeying the rules, because I'm tired." You knew that your punishment will be heavy when you do this, you'll get punished to the point that they can remove you from being a guardian, but you'll be able to bring Hoseok back. It's a win-win situation.

As a guardian, you'll live a long life and will only be removed by breaking the rules. Then, it depends on the Superior if they will reincarnate you or they will make you disappear.

The Superior sighed and nodded, "I'll give you a year to carry out your last assignment and you will receive your punishment."