28

Lydia was awaken by screaming from her mother, the second she came to conclusion, she jumped up quickly and ran down the stairs to see her mom covering her mouth with wide eyes. "Mom what's wrong!?" She asked confused. As she looked at the clock in the kitchen. "Its six thirty in the morning!" The girl yawned. "The boys are on TV!" Mercedes exclaimed. Lydia's eyes widened as she snapped her head towards the tv. It was the boys yesterday, playing Get Lost on the Cafe stage. "W-what!?" Lydia said as she ran up to the tv.

Four teenage boys, in a band called Sunset Curve wins a crowd at the local cafe in Los Feliz.

The title was brief and short.

Mercedes turned up the tv as the reporter spoke in front of the local cafe. There were a group of people standing in front of the cafe as Mario, the owner of the cafe, stood next to the news reporter.

"Four seventeen year old boys are quickly rising to fame by shocking many people with their amazing song. People love it so much to the point where VHS Stanley will soon release the tapes later today. Be on a look out!" She spoke. Lydia screamed as she jumped up and down with her mom.

"I am here today with Mario Kalidova, the owner of Mario's Cafe. Today we are going to talk about those boys." She started, Mario only nodded, having no idea what to do live TV.

"So, how do you know these boys?" She asked, now holding the microphone towards Mario's mouth. "They perform every once in a while. My cafe came with a stage because it was originally a karaoke bar, so I let locals perform every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Those boys just happened to sign up for Wednesday and played their song like everyone else." He shrugged. "Those are also the days when the cafe is crowded with a bunch of cameras and tape recorders because they come for the free performances. Most bands are average, most are good. These boys just happened to be great and caught everyone's attention." Mario spoke truthfully.

"This is amazing!" Lydia was nearly in tears. "The crowd loved it!" Mercedes already had tears running down her fave. Lydia gasped as the phone started to ring. So the girl ran over to the phone and answer it. "Hello, this is Lydia Harper speaking." She tried keeping her cool. "Lydia!" She heard Alex's voice. "Please tell me you've seen what I seen?" Alex asked. "What? You mean you guys being on the news!?" She yelled back with the same energy. "Yes that! I-I am speechless, how did this even happen!" Alex asked. "I-I don't know I guess they loved it and they have it on tape." Lydia said breathlessly. "Love it? We've played there multiple times, why would we get noticed now?" He asked. "Maybe because Get Lost was a good song to perform and a lot of people were there." She said. The two continued freaking out until they had to get ready for school. By then her mom had gone to work, she was home alone waiting for Reggie.

Suddenly the was banging on her door, scaring her. But she quickly realized what it was ran up to the door and opened it. "We were on the news!!" Reggie and Luke yelled in unison as Lydia opened the door. "I know I saw!" Lydia said and squealed as Luke picked her up by her waist and spun her around. She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm so proud of you guys." She said as Luke put her down and she hugged Reggie tightly. "Let's go get Alex and Bobby so we can celebrate!" Lydia said and the boys nodded. "We should celebrate later today." Luke suggested and Reggie nodded. "Any ideas?" Lydia asked. "Let's throw a party!!" Reggie said. "Yeah-at like, the beach!" Luke said and Lydia nodded as they walked out of the house and started walking towards the car. "We should invite the school!" Reggie said. Lydia's eyes widened at the boys idea. "That's seems like a lot." Lydia said. "But it can be so fun. Just imagine performing on the beach." Luke said as they got into the car. "That does sound fun." Lydia said. "See! We should do it!" Luke said. "But what if Alex or Bobby doesn't want to? We have to ask them first." Lydia said. "Fine." Luke said agreed instantly.

Alex and Bobby were now in the car talking about how they were on the news. They were all excited and couldn't stop smiling or talking about it. On the other hand Luke was sending Lydia looks begging to ask the boys already, she rolled her eyes playfully and nodded towards the boy. "Guys, so...Reggie and I came up with a plan and we wanted to see if you would go along with our plan." Luke started and Alex looked over at him. "And what's that?" Alex asked. "We celebrate our victory by being on the news this morning and invite everyone to a beach party." Luke shrugged as if the idea was nothing. "I like the sound of that." Bobby said and Reggie cheered.

The boys then looked at Alex and he nodded with a smile. "I like that idea." Alex said and the boys all cheered while Lydia just looked at each one of the excited boys. Lydia didn't like everything about the beach. She despised the sand, it got every and any where. She hated the seagulls that flew around her if she had just a small piece of food. She hated when the wind blew and sand got in her eyes..maybe it was just all bad luck?

But she'd go to the beach for the boys anytime. She wasn't as excited as them, because she didn't enjoy parties or the beach. So she was kind of thinking about not going. But then again, it was for her boys.

edited