2| Unexpected Note

~To The Story~

"I'm home," Asano announced, closing the door behind him before tossing his house keys to a small bowl.

"Ah, Gakushu?" A woman's voice spoke from another room. A voice that he is familiar with. "I'm in the living room."

Naturally, the strawberry blond-headed boy walked to where the voice after taking his outdoor shoes off. He walked into the living room. When stepping in, he saw a woman, his mother, hovering near the sofa, folding some clothes from a laundry basket, indicating that she was doing laundry and now was folding up the dry clothes.

She greeted her son with a warm smile. The woman was a fairly average tall woman. Perfect height for someone her age. Her mid-length blonde hair was kept straight and gentle hazel eyes. She basically gave off this housewife aura.

"Hi, welcome home. Why don't you help me fold some clothes?"

The strawberry blond obliged and walked to where his mom is to begin folding the clothes, wanting to help her out.

"I still don't understand why you don't hire someone to do the housework for you," Asano said.

"I don't mind. It's my job to take care of you and your father." Asano's mom smiled, folding her husband's collar shirt and settling it in the laundry basket.

"Hm." The strawberry boy simply hummed, copying his mother's moves and folding the clothes.

"You know, it's been a while since you've brought a friend over. I also haven't seen Miho-san in a while."

"She's probably too busy," Asano said plainly.

"Have you been texting her lately? Make sure she isn't working too hard. Remember she's always welcome here."

Asano sighed and lowered the pair of jeans he was folding. "Mom, I told you we're not dating."

"I wasn't implying like that or anything." She defended, puffing her cheeks. "I was just implying you should hang out with a friend. When was the last time you had some fun? A boy your age should go out and enjoy their youth. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of what you achieved, but I still want you laid back?"

Asano used to these kinds of talks with his mother. He knows she isn't trying to annoy him or anything like that, he gets his mom wants to stop being so focused on school-related things, but his obsession to strive to be at the top was way too important to him to bring his mother's wish to heart. Although, now and then he will try and make his mother happy by spending time with other students from his school, or old school.

"Why don't I bring over a friend on Saturday?" He suggested.

"Oh, that sounds lovely. I'll make a nice meal for them. Oh, how about you invite that friend of yours. Karma-kun was it?"

"He is not my friend," Asano said strictly, the angry fire burning his violet eyes. "And he is not allowed to step in this house."

"Oh alright, alright, good grief." She huffed out some air then puffed her cheeks. "I just wanna meet someone who can push buttons, which is a rare thing to happen."

"You don't want to meet him. Trust me."

She sighed. "I kinda do. You only seem to have a good time when Miho is around."

"... Not really."

"Oh don't make that face, she's a lovely girl."

Asano shrugged. If he goes along with how happy his mom is then he might end up bringing this girl home again just for his mother. And Asano doesn't want to do that. Now what? Introduce her to another female so he wouldn't have to deal with Miho?