BEOMRYU - Love Letter

"Listen, listen..

To my heart,"

Beomgyu desperately ran through the sliding doors, bumping into people and skimming past them without muttering an apology. Nothing matters, the only thing that does is Ryujin.

"That I only want you to hear,"

He frantically searches the airport, looking around for a familiar mop of pink hair that he loves so much. He doesn't mind the stares he's getting, all he wants is to get to Ryujin before it was too late.

"Nothing, nothing..

Now stop,"

His eyes started to sting as tears began to pool his eyes, blurring his sight. He quickly wipes his eyes with his sleeve and shuffles through a few people, muttering a low 'excuse me'.

"There is no meaning anymore,"

He sniffles and takes in a deep breath, finally realizing how miserable and pathetic he looks. But it didn't make him stop, he needs to get to Ryujin - he has to.

Finally, he spots the all too familiar face in the crowd with a black luggage beside her and a backpack swung over her shoulder. He heaves a sigh before rushing over to her.

He forcefully turns her around, meeting her eyes that were seemingly red and puffy. She looks like she's been crying herself to sleep. "Ryujin.."

The girl looks away, refusing to make eye contact as it would only make her shed tears again. Beomgyu hesitantly caresses her cheek with a sorrowful smile, "Don't cry.." he mumbled.

Her tears that were threatening to fall, slips down her cheeks and Beomgyu would be lying to say that it didn't hurt to see her like this. Just then, he realizes his own tears.

"I- I.. I'm so sorry," was all she could say.

He shushes her with a finger, "I get why you did that.. It's fine, Ryujin." he said, sending her a painful grin that he tried so hard to portray. "We can't," she murmured.

"I know we can't."

"Then, why? Why did you love me when you knew we couldn't be together..?" he stays quiet and let her slide his hand off of her shoulder. "I couldn't stop myself.."

"I'm sorry." she steps forward and gives him one last kiss on his cheek before turning back, walking away from him. His lips trembled, his whole body shook as he tried to compose himself. He slowly kneels down on the floors of the airport.

"Only a love letter remains."

After all, not all stories have happy endings.

----

Very short, one-shot. Teehee~