YEONJI - Stranger

Yeji sighs as she slumps in her chair, fiddling with a pencil that has been held by her for more than fifteen minutes as she tries her best to get her brain working. She stares at the book that was wedged between her two elbows and the desk, Someone send help, she said; not out loud, of course.

"Doin' okay, there?" a deep voice from her bedroom door asked. Yeji's eyes darts towards her roommate who was standing in her doorway, "Great." she responded sarcastically.

The girl laughs and enters Yeji's room, nearly trips over the girl's blanket that was on the floor before finally reaching her study table. "What's up?" she asked. "The ceiling." the girl scoffs at Yeji's blunt answer.

"At least make it sound funny." Yeji stuck out her tongue and the girl did the same. "I'm trying to be helpful here. If not, I'll be gone for the next two hours." she stated, causing Yeji to whip her head at her.

"And why, exactly?"

"I'm going out with my BF."

Yeji's hands slams on her desk and her eyes widens, "You got a boyfriend!?" the girl cocks an eyebrow at her. "Boyfriend, my ass! My best friend!" she exclaimed. Yeji hisses disapprovingly, "You got my hopes up for nothing." she spat.

"It isn't my fault you jump to conclusions so fast."

"It's not my fault you still live in 2015."

The girl dramatically gasps, "Rude!" she exclaimed with a hand on her chest, acting as if she's offended; well, a tad bit. Yeji snickers at her own comeback, "Anyway, you seriously have to stop going out so much, Heejin." she advised.

"It's not like it damages my organs.."

Yeji stares at her as if she had just embarrassed herself in front of millions, "No, but it can affect your grades." she said. Heejin snorts, "Keyword is 'can'. Honey, I may not study but I still beat your pathetic ass by placing second in class." she reminded.

It was Yeji's turn to be offended, "Hey, it's not like everyone is born with photographic memory!" she exclaimed, giving the girl a hard smack. "Ow! I hate you for that." the younger deadpanned.

"Thanks, I love me too."

Heejin rolls her eyes at Yeji, straightening herself before leaning forward. "This, transfer everything except for 'x' to the right. Solve the equation, then thank me when I'm back." said the girl as she pointed at the math equation.

"Jeez, you can't even do basic algebra now." the girl muttered under her breath, as low as her voice can go but it was still caught by the elder. "Watch your mouth, bunny."

"Aigoo~ Ne, sunbaenim." she replied, giving her a dirty look before walking out of the room. Yeji shakes her head at her, her eyes falling onto the math equation and immediately realizing what she should be doing.

. . .

"Hello!? Will you open this damn door for at least a second?" Yeji yelled, frustrated at her best friend that lives in the dorm right next to hers. A loud thud was heard from inside before the door swung open, "What?" the girl asked, irritated.

Yeji's hand immediately went up to cover her mouth and nose, "Ew, what have you been eating?" she asked and the girl only rolls her eyes. "Anyway, I'm going out for- Hey, can you turn that down please!?" Yeji threateningly shouted at her best friend's roommate.

"Minju-yah!" her best friend called. "What?"

"Turn it down." she commanded, to which the said girl responds with a groan and soon the music dies down. Yeji smirks at her best friend, The power of Shin Ryujin.. she thought before continuing. "I'm going out for lunch, wanna come with?" she asked.

Ryujin huffs before shaking her head, "I just ate like, what? 3 bowls of ramen?" she muttered, shocking the older girl. "So, that's why your breath stinks." Yeji retorted. The younger snorts and shrugs, "Looks like you're on your own, then." she said as the girl nodded.

Before Yeji could bid her goodbye, she was yet again met with the door. She hisses at it, "That girl.." she mumbled, shaking her head as she walks away from the door and to the stairs.

. . .

Yeji sighs as she makes her way down the sidewalk near the restaurant she dined at earlier, she definitely wasn't expecting on seeing her ex there with his new and improved girlfriend; no, rebound.

She shakes her head to make her thoughts disappear, walking faster and ends up crashing into someone. "God.. I'm sorry, I didn't look where I was going." she apologized, quickly bowing and walking past the person.

"Wait," they called, by the sound of their voice, Yeji predicted them to be a man. She turns around, "Is this yours?" he asked, holding onto a bill. Yeji's brows knit together and she digs inside her pocket, "It's.. It isn't mine, though." she mumbled.

He gazes at the bill in his hand before saying, "Well.. It isn't mine, either." he muttered, chuckling. Then, he gently tugs on her sleeve to pull her hand up, "There's no way we're finding the owner of that, so.. Here." he said as he places the bill in her hand.

He smiles at her before ruffling his blue dyed hair and bowing his head, "Thank you," she said, offering him a small smile before bowing back and turning around. You totally made a fool out of yourself, she thought as she was walking away.

She shudders at the thought of his fingertips grazing hers, "Ugh, what am I thinking!?" she whispered, shaking her head and increasing her speed as if she was desperate to return back to her dorm.

. . .

"Oh my God!" Yeji exclaimed with a hand on her chest as she stepped inside her dorm that was, surprisingly, filled with people. Suddenly, a deep voice interrupted from behind the door. "Yes," Yeji quickly closed the door upon hearing Heejin's muffled voice.

"What the hell were you doing behind there?!" she yelled at her, both concerned and irked. Heejin rubs on her arm that Yeji presumes had been wedged between the wall and the door when she came in, "Chill, woman. I was picking up my shoe!" she replied.

Yeji snaps her head towards her bedroom door, "Yerim's chilling in there, she didn't want to deal with the chaos out here." Heejin said beforehand, in case Yeji was wondering. "Only her?" the girl nods.

Yeji heaves a sigh before walking towards her room, opening the door to see Yerim sitting on her bed. Upon hearing the door, Yerim lifts her head up. "Oh, unnie!" she exclaimed, rushing up to the older and wrapping her arms around her.

"Oh, oof- There she goes.." those few words escaped Yeji before she was enveloped in Yerim's embrace, tightly. "You can.. Let go now.." she wheezed, slightly out of breath. Yerim pulls away and smiles like a child, "You're lucky, you're cute." she said, pinching the girl's cheek.

"Unnie, I'll head out now. Don't wanna disturb you or anything. Bye-bye!" the bubbly girl chirped before zooming out the room, not forgetting to close the door.

Yeji chuckles at her and slides off her coat, hanging it in her cupboard. She pulls out her purse and phone from her pocket, a dollar bill came out too. She picks it off the floor, smiling a bit as she reminisced his eyesmile.

She clears her throat after realizing what she was doing, just as she was about to speak to herself, "Yeji!" the door burst open with a thud. She whips her head to the person, "What?" she questioned, but the girl didn't bother to answer and instead, she walks in and pulls Yeji by the arm.

"Hey!" Yeji struggles to yank her arm away. "Shush, you're joining us whether you like it or not." the older said and all Yeji could do was obey since she knew she couldn't resist Jiwoo's pleading face that she will get if she ever disagrees.

----

Yay~ I've been into LOONA lately, so I've decided to make them friends in this chapter since Ryujin is very great friends with Aeongie!

I hope you enjoyed! Any requests can be given in the comments or in private :D

Have a wonderful day/night~