five: my crazy ex

Começar do início

"Yeah, probably not" I simply said.

"I think they look good on you, though" she mumbled softly but I still heard it.

We remained in silence for a few more minutes until one of us spoke again. I could feel the apprehension literally oozing off of her, so I sighed and decided to play along.

"If you must know, they're very much real" I stated. "Stencils, needles and all that crap."

"Oh. I didn't know you could get them so young here."

"That's because I'm nineteen" I deadpanned.

"Oh..." she seemed to ponder on it for a moment before adding, "well, I think they suit your style along with your... the piercing."

And there it was. I was sure she was dying to say something about the scar on my left eyebrow. To be honest, it wasn't that noticeable unless you were close enough to my face, but I knew it wasn't invisible either.

I scoffed.

"Took you long enough to notice" I simply said, not even bothering to look at her as we kept walking down the halls.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry" she stuttered.

Wait, that's it? She's not going to ask me about it? What a strange girl.

I turned to her and found that she was already looking at me. I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but –

"Get out of my way, lesbo" Bobby interrupted as he walked right in between us.

I took his appearance in and had to stifle a laugh at the cast on his leg. Watching him struggle to walk with crutches was really funny, though.

"Oppa!" Roseanne was surprised to see him back in school so soon.

He stopped walking and didn't bother turning around to reply. He spoke with his back facing us and a deep aggravated tone of voice.

"I don't understand how you're still alive when you have that girl around you all the time, Jisoo" he spat.

I noticed baby loser's face fell sadly at his harsh words.

"Please" I rolled my eyes. "That's because I'm not a weak little bitch like you."

The tension in his shoulders and the red tint creeping up his neck to his ears told me that he was angry at my comment. However, he still wouldn't turn around to face me and instead, simply puffed out his chest, rolled his head side to side to crack it, and continued limping his way down the hall. What a pathetic loser.

"Bobby, wait up!"

"Yeah dude, slow down!"

His two best friends ran past us to keep up with him.

"What a bunch of weirdos" I mumbled.

When I looked to my right, I saw baby loser was nibbling on her lower lip with a sad frown on her face as she stared down at the ground. She looked so fragile and vulnerable, and I guess I hadn't really noticed this before, but she looked a lot like Sunmi the last time I saw her, and that realization hit me hard.

And damn it, I hate to admit this but seeing a girl sad and on the verge of tears is one of my biggest weaknesses, and I couldn't just let her cry in the middle of the school's hallway. I knew I had to at least try to cheer her up even if it meant risking some weird cosmic disaster happening around us. But just as I was about to tell her to ignore Bobby's commentary because he isn't worth it, the last warning bell rang, and we needed to be inside the classroom immediately.