seven >>> sigh

A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I set Alicia in the bed, gently

A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I set Alicia in the bed, gently. I grab the covers and place them over her as I could feel my heartstrings tug a bit watching the girl cry to the point she fell asleep. I wasn't sure what to do. All I could do was hold her in my arms till the point she exhausted herself. And now here we are. Me putting her in the bed as I look down at her.

I clench my jaw and look away closing my eyes. I reach up my hand and rub my eyes before hearing my walkie. A sigh escapes my lips as I drop my hand and open my eyes while reaching down to the walkie.

"Yeah Ryan?" I say into it, waiting patiently. My eyes slowly hovering back over to Alicia.

"Where are you right now?" Ryan asks, a bit of anger and concern in his voice.

"In my room. Why? What's going on?"

"Lewis is leaving with his group. Somethings going on." My eyes widen a bit at Ryan's words. I clench my jaw again and shake my head a bit confused.

"Leaving?" I pause a moment thinking. "What do you mean leaving? They never leave at this time?"

"I don't know. Like I said something's going on. Even Bill said he was confused as to why they were leaving and he's Lewis' right hand man."

"Right... Alright give me a minute. I'll be out in a second." I hear an okay from Ryan after what I said causing me to place the walkie back on my belt and shake my head. My eyes linger on Alicia seeing tears staining her face. A low sigh shakily comes out as I turn on my heels and head for the door, but right as I step out my eyes are met with Lewis. Quickly I push him back and close the door shut.

"What the hell Lewis?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Sorry there kiddo," Lewis says chuckling. "I just came to let you know me and the boys are heading out for a bit. We got news there's a group about 5 miles from here."

"Okay so? We don't go after groups Lewis," I said, looking back and forth between his eyes. He chuckles once more leaning down a bit and that's when I get a whiff of his breathe. I turn my head away and clench my jaw. "You're drunk?"

"Drunk? Not in the slightest darling- Oh which reminds me-" The guy pauses reaching into his pocket and pulls out a piece of folded up paper. He extends his arm for me to take the paper. Hesitantly I take hold of the paper eyeing Lewis as I open it up. My eyes scan the paper and tilt my head.

"Why do you have my work sheet?"

"You have a lot of hours-"

"We all do Lewis. It's our job to make sure this place doesn't get overrun especially by the dead," I say balling up the paper and throwing it at his chest. Immediately he grabs my wrist tightening his fingers around it. I clench my jaw and glance my eyes up to meet his. "You really need to let go."

"Or what? You going to go tell mommy and daddy?" He asks, a smirk inching to his lips. Quickly anger fills my eyes as I do a quick move getting the guy off of me and pushing him away.