six >>> Matt

"Matt, buddy you here?" I ask opening the door to his house

"Matt, buddy you here?" I ask opening the door to his house. My eyes scan the all too familiar house as I walk in. "I got your text-" I stop talking shutting the door not hearing anybody. I knew his parents weren't home. Their cars weren't in the driveway. He was usually, always home alone after school.

I take my book bag off sliding it off to the side, keeping my eyes open and aware. The house is silent. A little too silent making me feel a little off. But as I turn and take a step down off I hear a groan of pain from the bedrooms. Quickly I make my way and find Matt laying in his bed looking rough as hell.

"Matt?" I say walking in and towards him, taking a seat. His eyes close a second then open as I place my hand against his forehead quickly pulling away. "Jesus, you're burning up!"

"Yeah, pretty sure I caught something-" Matt pauses beginning to cough up a storm. "I really... really hope I don't end up like those people on tv."

"What people? You mean that crash and the guy going after that paramedic or cop?" I question. Matt closes his eyes nodding his head, but I shake my head. "That's not going to happen. Those people... They probably went crazy. They probably escaped from the psych ward-"

"You and I-I both know that's not who they are." I look down and away from the boy nodding my head. "I'm pretty sure I'm going to.." His voice trails and I pick up my head looking at him tilting my head and squinting my eyes.

"Don't say that."

"You don't know... know what I was going to even say-"

"I'm pretty damn sure I do-" I said cutting the boy off looking away and standing up from sitting on the edge of the bed. "You need to call your girlfriend-"

"No!" He cut me off this time turning onto his side fairly quickly with pain striking his face. I clench my jaw and cross my arms over my chest.

"Matt, she should be here-"

"Y/N, I said no..." Matt says once again shaking his head trying to get himself up off of the bed. But he barely gets up into his hands before he's falling back down. I look away shaking my head. "I'm going to become one of those-"

"One of what? We don't even know what's going on? You could just have a cold."

"A cold? D-Does this look like a cold?" I shake my head closing my eyes. He was right. It looked worse than a cold, even worse than the flu. I shake my head again and look to the night stand finding the boys phone. I reach for it but before I could take a hold of it Matt's fingers wrap around my wrist stopping me. I turn my head quickly locking eyes with Matt's brown ones.

"What are you doing?" He questions, his voice low."

"I was trying to call your girlfriend-" I pause briefly shrugging the boys hand off of me. I cross my arms back over my chest tilting my head to the boy as his arm falls and hangs over the side of the bed. "Matt, this looks serious. If anybody should be here right now it's her."