two >>> Alicia

My fingers play with the necklace hanging around my neck

My fingers play with the necklace hanging around my neck. My eyes linger on the girl who still sits unconscious. Sighs escape me every minute or so. Each coming out a little different. Some long, some heavy, some deep and some even silent. I've managed to clear the blood on the girl's face and I wanted to check for more wounds but felt immoral to do so without permission. But the gash that was on her head was what I was more worried about till I got it all fixed up. Thank god Maya taught me to do stuff, medical stuff on my own.

A groan echoes into the room causing my eyes to blink and get myself out of my head. I tilt my head to the side glancing to the girl after hearing another groan escape her. I lean back in my chair, cupping my hands together seeing her begin to move a bit, first with her head. She slightly moves it then her wrists and it doesn't take long before she's panicking. Her head flies up as her body begins struggling against the restraints that keep her pinned down to the chair. I look away for a moment then look back to the girl just in time for our eyes to meet. They seemed familiar now that I look at them more closely.

We both sit in silence looking at one another. Her eyes switch back and forth between mine as if she's analyzing me. I just let her. I mean if I were in her situation I'd be trying to take in everything I possibly could. It's what I always do. What I was trained to do.

"Radio 2, come in-" Ben's voice comes over my walkie distracting me. I reach down glancing away from the girl and pull up the walkie to my lips.

"Yeah- Go ahead," I say keeping my eyes off to the side of the girl.

"Lewis and his posy are heading out," Ben answers.

"What? Why?"

"Don't know. Jodi told me to radio you to see if ya knew why..." I pull the walkie down shutting my eyes and reaching up my free hand to rub my eyes. My brain goes in all different directions at Ben's words. There's no reason for Lewis and the rest of them to leave...again. They already brought someone in. We're good on supplies- A thump echoes throughout the room causing me to get out of my head and open my eyes. I drop my hand from my eyes and look to the girl looking around her noticing the chair has moved a tad. She stares back at me however, but I nod and look away placing the walkie back up to my lips.

"Let me know if you figure anything out," I say through the walkie, hearing Ben reply with a simple "you got it!" A sigh escapes my lips afterwards, placing the walkie back onto my belt. I look up and meet the familiar girls eyes. A low sigh escapes my lips once more as I reach my hand towards her. The brunette leans her head back and I pull my my hand back a moment.

"I'm not going to hurt you...I wanna take the tape off," I inform her keeping my eyes on her green ones. I see her eyes flick back and forth between mine before seeing her head nod. I nod back reaching in and grabbing the edge of the tape across her mouth. My fingers brush against her cheek immediately causing my eyes to flick to hers but look back down slowly and carefully pulling the tape off. Once it's off I toss the piece of tape down and look back to the girl only for her to scream at the top of her lungs for help. I clench my jaw flinching at the noise.