five >>> claimed

"So you going to tell me if the rumors are true?" I hear Ben I ask taking a seat next to me

"So you going to tell me if the rumors are true?" I hear Ben I ask taking a seat next to me. I pick up my head from my clipboard and glance to my left spotting the cowboy looking at me with Jodi sitting down across from him.

"What rumors?" I ask, tearing my eyes away and back down to the clipboard continuing to write on it.

"Rumor has it you claimed that new girl right in the middle of Lewis givin' her a beat down," Ben states causing my pen to stop writing.

"Ben!" Jodi spoke up as I see Ben out of the corner of my eye jump.

"Okay no need to kick me," Ben says shifting in his position. "I'm just letting the girl know what's being said...So is it true?" I remain silent keeping my eyes down and going back to writing. A sigh escapes from Ben's lips. The table the three of us sat moves due to Ben's movements. And within moments I see his brown colored hat sat on the table.

"I hope you know what you're doing-"

"I wouldn't of done it if I didn't," I say cutting him off. I drop my pen and pick up my head. My eyes lock with his and I can feel Jodi's eyes on my side profile. I clench my jaw and lower my voice, "I wasn't going to sit back and watch him do that to her."

"You know this is how this place works," Ben lowers his voice, matching my own. "What makes this girl any different?"

"Ben I swear to-"

"I knew her," I said, cutting Jodi off. But I don't stay there any longer. Instead I stand up and grab my clipboard ready to walk away when Ben grabs my arm gently, stopping me.

"You knew her?" I nod my head at him looking away. "Y/N this is a dangerous game, a dangerous place-"

"I know what I'm doing Ben." I shrug the man off and nod at him glancing over my shoulder and giving a small smile before heading out of the cafeteria but not before locking eyes with Lewis and his fanboy army. I look away quickly and out the doors making a quick left to the pantry. Inside there I'm surprised by how empty it is in there but thankful more than ever. I quickly raid grabbing a water and a sandwich with a bag of chips. After I've collected those things I head to the door and to the room bay. I walk down the long halls letting my mind rest at bay the best I can, but can't help the million of thoughts running through them.

I know Ben and Jodi mean well. They've always sort of looked after me when I was here in Texas, but Lewis always had his ways. And in California.. It was always better there. Anywhere than here was better. I clench my jaw and pick up my head opening the door to my room and walk in, hearing the bed move. Quickly I turn my head shutting the door but my eyes relax, soften when my eyes are met with Alicia's green ones. I turn on my heels and walk towards her holding out the sandwich, chips and water. But she doesn't take them.

"You need to eat," I say taking a step forward and gently placing the items on the bed in front of her. I glance back up and lock our eyes but no words are exchanged between us. I take a step back and nod walking away and over to a drawer. I pull it out and grab the journal placed inside. I set it on top of the dresser and grab a pen near there, opening the journal and writing down information inside that I have been since the dead took over. And as I'm writing I hear the baggie that held the sandwich open. A small smirk spreads to my lips as I continue writing.

"You going to eat?" Alicia asks after a moment.

I shake my head. "No, I uh-already ate," I respond lying to her. I didn't really. I haven't had much of an appetite. A low sigh escapes my lips as I drop the pen and close the journal placing it back into the drawer. I close it and back up turning around finding the brunette haired girl carefully eating the sandwich. "How's your head feeling?"

Alicia quickly picks up her head locking our eyes. She looks away slowly and shrugs. "Fine," is all she says but I nod and stay standing where I am shoving my hands into my jean pockets.

"What about your ribs?"

"Fine." Her answer is short again and I nod once again looking away from her and to the ground. "Last night... You said a lot of things..."

"Yeah, yeah I did-" I pause and lift up my head a bit looking to the girl. She finishes off her sandwich while avoiding eye contact. I drop my head once more letting the silence linger giving her time before I decide to speak. "I um... I think I should probably explain some things. About this place and some of the people here-"

"You think?" Alicia asks cutting me off slightly. I slowly rise my head nodding it as my eyes lock with Alicia's green ones. "Last night you said you claimed me... What does that mean?"

A low sigh escapes my lips nodding my head. "It's one of our many policies here... If you're 18 or older you get one shot to claim someone that's brought in. And in claiming them it basically means they're yours meaning... You're basically married." Alicia's green eyes go wide and I look away sliding my hands out of my pockets quickly and rubbing the back of my neck.

"Don't worry- I'm not going to do anything that I know others have-" I pause a moment, then continue. "That's why I slept on the floor last night. I'm not going to do anything especially when...when-" I can't even think of what I wanted to say so I stop talking and look away. What am I suppose to say to her? That I know that this is a terrible place to be? That she shouldn't be here? That she's not even gay? Hell I don't know.

"Especially when what?" Alicia questions causing me to shake my head. I take a deep breath and look to her tilting my head.

"Nothing. I don't know-" I stop and look away again, disappointed a bit in myself. But Alicia didn't seem to mind with her next question.

"Okay so why claim me and not that Josie girl you mentioned?" I clench my jaw at her question and turn on my heels. I could feel her eyes follow me as I walk to the closet, my jaw locking as I walk. "I hit a nerve..." I say nothing to her comment opening the closet door walking in and slipping my jacket and shirt off. I grab a fresh long sleeve shirt and place it on before exiting finally looking to Alicia. Our eyes finally locking.

"You going to answer?" I remain silent at her question and close the closet door as I walk a couple steps to the middle of the room before finally looking back up to the girl. "Who was she-"

"She was already claimed," I say swiftly cutting the girl off. I look away from her green eyes and to the ground shifting in my position. "There's nothing I could have done but I tried. And I learned from my mistake-" I take a minute and pick my head up but don't make eye contact with the girl. "I'm only trying to keep my promise."

"Your promise? What the hell are you talking about?"

I bite my lip and nod my head closing my eyes. I take a moment, flashes invading my vision as I open up my eyes and look to the girl. Our eyes remain locked on one another but I could notice the tension and the curiousness in the green eyed girls eyes and face. I clench my jaw once more but keep my eyes locked on Alicia's as her eyes shift back and forth between mine.

"What are you talking about Y/N?" Alicia asks again. I shake my head from to side taking in a deep breath.

"I promised Matt I would do anything and everything I could to protect you..."